Need some help on My memory, and Vid Card

Status
Not open for further replies.
yeah man, it realy sucks i wanted to play that game.. maybe if i bought like 256mb more of SDRAM at 133mhz, and got a good 4x video card, maybe it would play the game, what do you think ?
Honestly dude your best bet is to stop dumping money into that thing and try and save up for better parts.

You'll have to upgrade sooner or later and that comp is already beyond obsolete really =/

cool, well if i got those two things put them in, and the game would start up and run. Would it be playable ? or would it lag so much i couldent play it ?? and whats the difference between 8x and 4x, like if i got that card your talking about, what would the fact that it can only run at 4x, have on the performance of the card ?
Having a card like what he said would probably make the game playable for you, but that would be the main benefiting factor..the RAM wouldn't help all that much with your current system being as old as it is.

AGP 4x and 8x are just the transfer rates so your card would be able to communicate to the rest of the system as half as fast as an 8x card

aiight man, im gunna make up my mind here in the next couple days, either return the game, or buy that video card and some more ram. and then try the game. Its not like i dont need it anyways. I think my video card i have now is bad anyways, i got these dark lines that are on my screen, but they move, so its not burn in. THey are like shadows that go straite across. Like if its a darker color on the screen, theres a dark line after it. if its a whiter color its a white'r line. Could this be a bad video card ? or something with my monitor ?????

well considering you have a damn old video card I'd say its on it's last leg :p

haha yeah i bet it is, too much unreal tournament and Half life back in the day.. lol It worked ok for those games, the Open GL on half life is amazing lol..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom