Good Comp or not?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jeff1000

In Runtime
Maybe this isnt the right section... If it is please move it.

Ya is this comp a good comp for gaming? and basic usage(music picture, editing, surfing)

HERE

The only thing is I'm 86 dollars short lol. Yea My unlce told me that AMD's are better for gaming than Intels? It looks like a good dea, but I'm not so sure about the reviews... or are they jus dumb people who have never heard of tech support:p

AMDs are definately better for gaming than Intel. However, Intel is better than AMD at everything else (besides gaming). I don't use AMD since I don't game enough to see the difference between AMD and Intel. However, I do do alot of animation and power app usage and i can definately say Intel is better at that kind of stuff.

Why are you getting an HP? If you're gonna get a name brand, Dell is the best. I've had bad experiences with HP and I would advise you to stay away from them. Why not build your own PC?

In my opinion, it's a fair computer.

The graphics card (fx 5200) is kind of weak for 3-d games but will play 2-d games fine. At least it has an 8x AGP slot so you could upgrade later.

It doesn't say what kind of RAM. It's probably some no-name brand with higher latencies.

Bottom line here is: What kind of games are you wanting to play?

umm games like call of duty maybe hl 2 in the future... I don't know about building a comp... wouldnt there be like hardware compatibility issues and such? and wouldnt that run me higher than that comp i showed you up there? o and btw im under a budget of about 900$

Lol... about 4 years ago I had an HP! They made (not sure if its like this now...) that thing SO un-upgradable! I litterally had to take the back of a hammer and pry the hard drive encasing open just to get to the hard drive!!! Besides... I agree, about Dell being the best propriotory computer company. I recently did a report for school and it was a compare/contrast of Dell, Gateway, HP, IBuyPower, and Velocity. Dell and IBuyPower were the best in the low, mid, and high range computer deals!

well remeber that im canadian so i cant get as much for 900 as you would. wait now that i'm thinkin bout it... i dont want it to be like an ultimate gaming box.... just something that can run these games, or is it best... well i dunno ill see what you guys say.

OK DUDE! never buy a computer at futureshop! Either find one of those computer places in your area that are souly dedicated to computers or buy all your parts on the web, www.newegg.com for exampler. You'll save a tonne ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom