NEW MOBO and CPU

Status
Not open for further replies.

timmer

Daemon Poster
ok want to get this mobo
http://www.newegg.com/app/viewProductDesc.asp?description=13-157-034&catalog=23&manufactory=BROWSE

and i want this CPU
http://www.newegg.com/app/viewProductDesc.asp?description=19-116-158&catalog=23&manufactory=BROWSE

Are they compatible because the processor has HT technoligy"Hyper Threading"

I hear that people can overclock that processor^^^to 3.0GHz which is pretty crazy for 135$ at 800mhz FSB can i also overclock my MOBO to allow 1GHz FSB??????

Look at reviews for the proccesor

and do computer stores overclock or do i have to do it myself???
and is it ez to overclock? i never thought about doin it LOL

The processor/CPU combo will work fine. The mobo supports a prescott core which use HT so it will support any processor with HT technology.

Overclocking is very tricky and you should know what you doing before you start. I will *try* to explain the dangers but you should really seek more information about it before you start tinkering with OC'ing.

First youll need to make sure that you BIOS will suport overclocking. To do think enter you bios ( your start up screen will usually tell you what buttion to push to enter it; its noramlly F6 or del ). Next search around in your BIOS for either a core voltage value or a clock speed value.

Core Voltage is how much power is being used in your processor. You will want to up this by very tink increments, run your computer using proessor intensive software for aroud 15-20 minutes then check your CPU temp. As far as temperature go you do not want to exceed any more that 120F ( IMO ).

Clock speed is how many "revolution" you processor is making. Normally the default vaule is 200Mhz. You will also want to make small increments with this value. When you play with the clock speed you will see you overall processor speed change ( in tools like system and any 3rd pary programs that read CPU speeds ). Once again you will have to worry about CPU temperature and watch them carfully.

The trick is to find an efficent balence between core volatage clock speed and temperature.

There is a possibly that you overclock too far you will get what is called the "black screen of death". When this happens dont freak out its not a big deal. All you have to do is take out your BIOS battery for 2-3 minutes and then replace it and restart. This is called flahsing the bios ( or in laymens terms reseting the bios).

The most important part about overclocking is cooling ( why i saved it for last ). Better cooling means you can overclock futher. If you are going to overclock you NEED to buy after market cooling products ( larger heatsink high revolution fans water cooling set ups etc ). I personally have my system water cooled and overclocked from 2.8 GHz to 3.0 Ghz. Youll notice that this isnt a large step but my CPU temp is extremely low ( the highest ive EVER seen it is around 95F ).

There is alot of danger involed with overclocking so you really need to do the research before you start.

well will a computer store take care of that for me or do i have to do it??

AMD=GARBAGE i would never buy an amd processor waist and waist and did i mention waiste of $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ of course unless u spend a lot of money on ot but to confusing intel simple and ez and great

I really dont know. Overclocking is one of those things that computer stores dont touch. This is mainly because you can damage your system parts and if they are the ones the overclocked it then they are responsible. You *might* be able to find one but I doubt it.

with the mother board in the link above will any hard drive work with it or what??
What s raid0/1 and sata??

First the computer store will not OC your computer for you lol.
Second AMD is not a waste of money... since you said that i can tell you have no idea what your talking about. And that mobo you plan on buying wont OC very well.

AMD=GARBAGE i would never buy an amd processor waist and waist and did i mention waiste of $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ of course unless u spend a lot of money on ot but to confusing intel simple and ez and great

Things you don't understand aren't garbage just because you don't know how to use them. AMD is a LOT simpler than Intel on things as small as just the naming system they use for their processors.

And you only have to spend a small amount of money and overclock the chips. I got mine up to 2.5GHz which will wipe the floor with a 3.4 Pentium...even outscores a 3.8 in some benchmarks.

Intels are more expensive than AMD too.

So unless you can post actual information on why they are 'garbage' besides the fact that YOU don't understand their technology then you have no basis for your claim.

Besides, don't turn this into an AMD vs Intel thread. There's plenty as it is.

Actually i have a cyberdark computing in my area and they WILL OC my processor. Called them today they said yeap but u will need a lot of cooling so i think i got that covered with 15 cooling fans on the way LOL
Now i need cooling so im thinking this hawg for my processor
http://www.newegg.com/app/viewProductDesc.asp?description=35-185-111&catalog=23&manufactory=BROWSE

Will this fit ok? my processor and mobo link are at the very top if u need to check!!!!!!!!!

and 15 80mm case fans to put it as i go but do i need to mount them or can i tape the or fasten them some other way?????

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom