Help Please..dont Know Whats Wrong!

Status
Not open for further replies.

lloyd

Baseband Member
hi, wonder if anyone could help. my computer is running really slowly, my internet keeps disconneting and my laptop just turns off on its on like theres no power! but its plugged in! any tips on making it run faster or what is wrong with it.

windows xp
Time laptop

Battery good on the laptop? Is it possible you have a virus? Scanning for ad/spyware can improve it drastically if you haven't done it in a long time (you can use Ad-aware or Spybot free). Also, which I just recently did and it did wonders...defragged the drive. Took hours, but was worth it.

How often does the laptop turn off...any specific intervals/things happening? Same with the internet...how often, or is it random...etc...any details will help--as I'm very familure with that having 56K...which I assume is yours? Or maybe not.

Anyways,
let me know!:)

i have the same problem as you and i believe its a heat issue where when the laptop cpu gets too hot it shuts itself off so that it doesnt fry itself. i dont know what causes it but i pretty sure thats what it is. im hoping to put mobo monitor 5 on it to see what the tempes are when it shuts down to see if im right but i have to find out what motherboard is in my laptop first. you should give this a try maybe itll help you find out whats wrong.

thanks for the info. i check for spyware all the time, using ad-aware, and yahoo anti spy. i do my norton virus check and nothing comes up. my internet disconnects, in no real pattern and i cant seem to find whats doing it. sometimes it disconnects striaght away just after connecting, then other times it will disconnect non stop, then sometimes it stays on for ages... i havn't a clue. It maybe the heat issue becuase sometimes it does get quite hot. if you have any more info on that it would be useful. thanks!

i know why it was turning off...because my cpu usage was maxed out at 100% when i was running a game called tibia. why would it do this? i havn't got a rubbish computer???? any help?

It sometimes happens to my Desktop when Im dling loads and looking on the internet then I want to open like lets say mediaplayer. I know its my ram (a mesly 256)

I say upgrade your ram

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom