SP2 good or bad ????????

Status
Not open for further replies.
It seems it helps for some people and doesnt for others but o well. Since eveerything is back to normal i would like it to be that way, and my comp is SQUEAKY clean :) but then im really thankfull for thoughs sites liz but i think i will just leave my comp how it is.

Leave as is if you like. But....eventually to use WUpdate you'll have to cross this bridge. For security reasons I'd do SP2. Remember MSBLAST?

Yes, come April 12th...unless you stop udating your computer (which is stupid) or move to Linux or a Mac, you will be forced into SP2, which is why, sometime this afternoon when I get sortof caught up on logs AGAIN, I will format my SATA with the XPPro/SP2 I have now.

My SATA (backup PHYSICAL) hard drive is as clean as I can get it, I used the Seagate SeaTools on it since it's a Seagate and then I MaxBlasted it with Zeros to be sure, LOL.

If it doesn't work, I can still reconnect the IDE and I'm back in business. Liz

Seagate...
Are these drives SOLID as a rock or what? I've put my 3 year old U-Series through hell and back and it keeps spinning. Seagate....I'm a fan.

I have a problem now, when i turn on my comp i can surf the net and then when i come back later like in a hour or so i cant? This started when i installed sp2 and now i uninstalled its still giving me probs but only the internet.

Sp2 draws mixed reactions for sure. For some people it works great, others it doesn't. The only way to find out for sure if it works on yours, is to download it and play with it awhile. If it doesn't work the way you like, provided you have backed up your drive, you can go back to the way you were before.
But, as mentioned above, come April, you will have to upgrade.
May as well play with it now and have a chance to learn about it and be able to undo it, before that is not an option.

~Fawks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom