do you think macs are more stable than even Windows XP?

Are you cutting you landline for your Mobile

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • In a few months, when prices drop even more.

• Not until reception is better and I can get broadband internet on my mobile

• No

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
A solid release of the mac OS, especially Mac OS 10.2 or higher is virtually crash proof, even if programs may freeze, I have found it impossible to crash the OS.

Windows XP, compared to any Mac OS, is just one big system crash...

Mac OS is amazing. I have Windows XP right now, but I'm planning on getting a PowerBook G4 for college (to burn off my nuts).

yea, but i got an even better one for you.

Try to find Linux apps!! :p :p

BTW: Mac's are probably much more stable. I have never owned a mac, but i despise xp..:)

LMAO!!!!

don't even get me started!!!

;)

btw, MicroBell, what does that have to do with whether or not they are more stable than WinXP?

Just something to think about

And... My mom owns our town's local newspaper. She has owned it since 1994. And she has put a weekly newspaper out every week for almost 10 years and she has done it all on Macs. The thing is... this summer, she upgraded to newer iMac G3's. She upgraded from used Quadra 605's. These machines were manufactured in 1992, and in 2003, were still ticking away strong. BTW, I am now using both of them as experimental computers, and a place to put my old games. Anyway, neither of them ever, ever crashed the entire 9 years we have had them. And they are still using system 7.1. So, if that doesn't say enough for Apple's immense quality and reliability, I don't know what else would.

ive only ever had one mac, and I think it was probbably only the first Mac OS

it's specs were: ran on 3.5" floppy's, 12" B&W inbuilt screen, 128Kb HDD, one button mouse, keyboard with no numpad, really slow ink ribbon B&W printer. We only had one game for it: "Airborne" - youre a stick figure and you shoot down little helicopters

but you know what, it had NEVER EVER CRASHED ONCE, it stopped working at about 15-20 years old (old enough now for a museum - lol) but we NEVER had it crash on us.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom