USB devices, weird

Status
Not open for further replies.

Simon

Daemon Poster
weird problem. i hav a few usb devices flash drive and mp3 player. they hav been working fine but now wen i plug a device in or make a virtual drive they dont come up in my computer. they are in Device maneger and i here the sound wen they plug in just cant c them in my computer. so if anyone has any ideas it wood much appreciated

Zimon

update i went 2 save a word document and all the drivers were there mp3 player and flash drive + my virtual drivers. so y cant i c them wen i go 2 my computer?

Zimon

Nobody knows. It's weird question :).
Ok. What OS do you use? If you use WIN98 try to connect yours usb devices to a computer with XP or 2K. These OS doesn't require a special driver for USB.

yep win98 and winME are bad for usb compatibility. if it is one of those two os's, try unplugging the device and plugging it back in to see if you get prompted for drivers.
or go to the control panel, open the system icon, go to the device manger and look in the usb controllers. look for something called usb composite device. **IF** you have a driver cd for your device, remove it and do not reboot as windows asks. Simply reinstall the drivers and it will pick em up.

ok i fixed it. i reset and that did the trik its not all good tho sum times they will not be there! weird...

Zimon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom