please help me

Status
Not open for further replies.

æArchOAngelæ

Daemon Poster
please help me measuring fans

how do i measure fan mounts? do i measure diagonaly? or up and down in the middle. and how i attach a fan that doesnt have a mount? it is just a grill part that is cut into the case with 4 holes on the conor with no thread, how am i to get a fan to stay?

also, this isnt exactly a hardware question or even computer related question but, i have a soar throat or somthin like it but anyone have any good cures that they use? or somthing to make it go away as quick as possible?

thanks.

the reason i post it here is because i know how smart u guys are.

LMAO, a sour throat huh...Well i cant help you their lol. You mean how can you tell if its an 80mm fan or an 120mm fan..since thats all thats really used. I can just tell by looking at it, but it is measured as a cicrle.

it is just a grill part that is cut into the case with 4 holes on the conor with no thread, how am i to get a fan to stay?
Because some screws are called self tapping and they will stay...other than that it's called a screw and nut my friend. The same way you'd want anything with screw mounts to say on. Screw goes through, nut screws on the end to make it tight.

You don't measure the holes diagnally though, that's how you measure a TV or monitor in general.

Also if your case doesn't have two sets of holes, one bigger than the other then chances are it's only 80mm as that's generally standard for the back of most cases. Some come with two sets of holes so it can accept 90mm or 80mm...and obviously a fan that's 120mm will be quite noticeably larger than 90 or 80, so you really only have to worry about differentiating between those two.

but it is measured as a cicrle.
Actually I believe they measure the fans by the actual dimensions of the square that the fan lies in. You can't get square dimensions from a circle and that's what measurements like 80x80x25 represent. 80mm long, 80mm wide, and 25mm thick. High performance fans such as the Tornado are 38mm thick.

Just measure the outside edge of the fan and you should be able to get your dimensions correct.

i heard that mixing pepper with brandy n consumig it will cure any throat problems. give it a try. if u got no brandy, then use some other liquor with pepper.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom