Strange problem with IE

Status
Not open for further replies.

rockfnbttm

Solid State Member
I can't figure out what's wrong with my IE. I'm using Firefox right now, but I miss my IE. Every website I try to connect to, it gives "The Page Cannot Be Dislpayed" message. Every URL I type in automatically turns into "http:///" and the page just constantly refreshes itself. I've scanned for viruses / spyware, cleaned everything up. Is there an option maybe I accidently switched or something? Anybody ever heard of this?

Thanks

about:blank

Also, just saw in the toolbar, it comes as Invalid Syntax Error, if that helps any

NO NO NO, i have the same problem, i posted another thread on this subject yesterday. i don't even know what the problem is. it happens on any given website. yahoo, msn, www.techist.com.... anything. all you have to do is press refresh and itll go back to normal. i'm using my IE right now while typing this. haha its funyn how i was looking for a solution to this problem as i came across this thread... no one give, me Sh1t about internet options, because i know its nothing in there.

haha, thats funny .. but it sux at the same time. The refresh thing doesn't work for me =( if ya do find a solution, help me out!

Thanks

rockfnbttm,

I've scanned for viruses / spyware, cleaned everything up

Iam afraid you didn't scan and fix all of them. You still have some spy s/w left. Get into safe mode and open msconfig to check if there any wierd entries. If so , download 'Hijackthis' and post a log in the 'Hijack' forum in the Virus section. Some spyware escape the scan algorithims used by these protection tools. You can't say for sure that you are 100 % clean from these spy/virii s/w.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom