Microsoft Messenger problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

hdansjr

In Runtime
Hi, this is my first post to the boards so if i am posting in the wrong forum i'm sorry. I have a Sony Viao RX755 Windows XP. I just went to a website and the website showed that in the background my microsoft messenger (msmsgs.exe) was running. I have Startup inspector and i ran it and it doens't even show that its staring up. I also used MSCONFIG and it's not even an option on the startup tab section. And i just checked my processes using CTRL-ALT-DELETE and it is the frist process on the list. How can i permenatly stop this? Thanks.

hdansjr

Open msn messenger , in the properties in tools, you can find option like 'run the program in the backgroud' . Uncheck this one.

or

Start->Run->services.msc

If you find anything related to msn messenger , stop the service and disable it by accessing the properties.

window messenger is msmsgs.exe in control alt delete plus the fact it is the one, people can't get rid of

you can get rid of msn messenger. it has a slightly different name too like msnmsg.exe or something like that

the msmsgs.exe is not in my list when i did this - Start->Run->services.msc .

Also, it is not found in my add/remove software list.

Plus if i go the the program files and go into it's folder, nothing happens when i click onthe icon. I have run adaware, spybot and norton virus 2004. I just checked it again and its' still in my processes. Is there a program that will allow me to control what processes run when my computer starts, one other than Startup inspector?

hdansjr said:
the msmsgs.exe is not in my list when i did this - Start->Run->services.msc .

Also, it is not found in my add/remove software list.

Plus if i go the the program files and go into it's folder, nothing happens when i click onthe icon. I have run adaware, spybot and norton virus 2004. I just checked it again and its' still in my processes. Is there a program that will allow me to control what processes run when my computer starts, one other than Startup inspector?

you missed my post. it is the window messener (but it is not the window messenger service that is in services.msc)

for people that want to disable that messenger

here

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom