Building a computer, want opinions

Status
Not open for further replies.
ed_andresen said:
Thanks for all the information, please keep it coming. Sounds like I need to make one change to my plan and that is the video card. There are many reasons why I'm going with the 480 W power supply. The biggest reason is because I have had bad luck with underpowered systems causing damage to the motherboard and processor. Also when I get some more extra money I plan on buy another 200 GB HD and setting a stripped raid system.

Erik

Don't get me wrong, you've made a wise decision. Especially for upgradability.

SiZcO said:
Beedu is so right, ive bought my FX5200 128 mb card and it sucks! people told me it was for gaming but its not the card sucks! get 6600GT for 219 dollers if you can.

They told you it was for gaming!?!?! :freak: Where did you get it?

How much were you looking to spend on all of those components? I would be happy to try and help you build a system if you specify a maximum dollar amount.

sniper234 said:
stayaway from intel processors lol amd64s are the way to go for gaming

No thanks...I have so many problems with AMD CPUs, both in system that I built for myself or family members and during the two and a half years I worked at Best Buy. And like I said early if you had two systems with the same parts in it, on with a AMD CPU and the other with a Intel of the same speed there is not a huge difference in performace. At least in todays software there is not any difference. Anyway, I sticking with a P4.

PizzatheHut06 said:
How much were you looking to spend on all of those components? I would be happy to try and help you build a system if you specify a maximum dollar amount.

I have a friend that gets wholesale on computer parts, so I will not be paying full price. Right it is looking to be around $800, but my friend has not gotten back to me on a price quote. If you have some suggestion please post them and I will see how the fit in to my plans.

Thanks.

Forchunet said:
thats how i felt when i ordered my comp two days ago. Your build good BUT 400gb harddrive is way too much... you wont fill that up in 10 years... thats just my opinion...

about the 400GB at the start of the year i bought an 80GB drive and i filled it up within a couple of months so i would reccomend a large HDD aslo i formatted my 20 a couple of days ago and ive only got 5gb free so the choice is urs and im saying how much i use up. also go th 6600GT or if u can afford it the 6800GT cos thay r good.

zombie_master said:
about the 400GB at the start of the year i bought an 80GB drive and i filled it up within a couple of months so i would reccomend a large HDD aslo i formatted my 20 a couple of days ago and ive only got 5gb free so the choice is urs and im saying how much i use up. also go th 6600GT or if u can afford it the 6800GT cos thay r good.

Well it depends on what you do with your comp. i guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom