computer lies about processor speed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Seria

PC Cutie ^_^
I have a small question about my processor.

I have an AMD Athlon XP 2400+, but my computer thinks itÂ’s a 1800+.

What can I do to fix that?

Go into your BIOS and raise your CPU FSB from 100 to 133 and this should fix your problem ;)

It worked, thanx. I didn't know where to fix the problem. I just thought I had a stupid mobo - MSI K7N2 Delta2 (never tried this mobo B4)

No problem. I had the exact issue when I first bought a new MSI KT6V board back in april when I had no clue about computers like I do now. Whenever you get a motherboard it will default the FSB to 100 for safety purposes. From there you have to adjust it according to your CPU settings and FSB to get it's full functionality.

At first I thought the dude from the computer store pulled a switcheroo on me or something lol.

why when I raise my FSB to 166 my 2000 gig processor say amd2600 yet, the computer won't boot up in this mode. I have the same mobo as seria

I don't know. I bought a amd2000, but it had produce a high pitch whine, so I took it back (I bought the whole computer so they could tell what I was talking about), they test the computer, then they put a new processor in and give it back. it read at amd2000 and works at 133 fsb

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom