Status
Not open for further replies.

lazerman

Fully Optimized
The NF7S has built in sound with the following specs:
Onboard Audio: nVIDIA SoundStorm APU(Dolby 5.1) + 6-Channel AC97 CODEC

I saw these on newegg and I thought they looked very nice-
http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProductDesc.asp?description=36-121-118&depa=0
I would like to be able to take full advantage of the onboard sound.

I heard the Z3's are pretty nice but they are 2.1 instead of 5.1 I believe. Plus I think they look fugly. I will be gaming, listening to music and watching videos on my pc so I need some speakers that will do it justice.

If I were you i'd buy some mid range speakers and a good soundcard, since AC97 isn't the best out there.

When my old SB1024 Live broke i had to use AC97 stuff for a while. I didn't like it so I bought an Audigy 2 ZS instead.

I don't really want to get a new sound card... I don't have the mobo yet.. I will be getting it a week from tomorrow (day after christmas).

It all depends on what you want, Like I said I run an Audigy and for speakers I have 2 Mission 660 floor standers through a 300Watt Amp and the quailty is pretty damn good.

The thing about AC97 is, I think it sounds flat and tinny, you'll probably get better quality through an SB live which are really cheap now.

Those Logitec speakers don't look bad though, low power output so the signal shouldn't degrade too much.

Whatever you do though stay away from Hercules speakers, total shite.

I got the same board and the sound is pretty good IMO. As long as you load a present into your EQ, like the Rock Preset in Winamp will give you a really good sound. Only if you don't adjust the EQ will you get a flat sound from it.

I just use my headphones. I did for a while have a simple speaker setup. I have a subwoofer which I have NO idea of it's output but it's some cheapy set with 2 satellite speakers my bro got me. It puts out pretty good sound, then I'd plug my moms speakers that came with her flat panel monitor up to have 2 front speakers then the subwoofer and two satellites as the back.

QUAD SOUND!! It always sounded damn good in my opinion. I'd blast it and feel completely surrounded by the music and like I said that ROCK preset makes a big difference. You definitely cant leave the EQ at flat or it WILL sound flat and crappy.

I think with that setup you were looking at lazer you should have some nice sound comin out

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom