OCing help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alex81388

Daemon Poster
Okay here goes:

I got the 2600+ barton 512 L2 up to 2.21ghz from 1.92.

My temps rang from 29 idle to 35 under 90% load.

Using a FSB of 384. And the ram I'm using is Corsair 400mhz 3200CLP2 (not XL). None the same, the standard cpu FSB is 333.

I have both the speeds at 192 (*2 = 384mhz).

Anyways, at 3mhz more than the point i'am at, i simply am in a loop of booting, and looking at XP home load, and then computer restarts.

There is NO REASON I can think of why the computer cannot boot with a temp like i posted above.

I did notice, however, that my MB was a lot hotter than cpu, when cpu is around 27, MB is almost 80C. I don't think that is right.

I cannot touch the multiplier on my motherboard either, so I'm kind of out of ideas.

Any help would be appreciated, thanks.

Whoa....those temps seem completely innacurate....even your CPU temp seems rather unreasonable unless you have some insane cooling on it....I've got tons of fans in my system, AS5 compound, SLK-900A solid copper heatsink, 80mm Tornado on the CPU and I get 30C up to 38-40C full load so I'd be interested in exactly what kind of cooling you got goin on for temps that low.

What is your Vcore at? You should put down that kind of info when it comes to overclocking. Sounds like it needs to be raised though.

Arctic Silver Cermic (spelling?) And the heatsink from Thermaltake, Extreme Volcano 12.

It is insane.

But I can't find the VCORE in my bios...?

I would get some RAMsinks and put them on some of the motherboard chips; when I put the ramsinks on my TNT2 i had 4 left over (the TNT2 has 4 memory chips) so I put 3 on my motherboard, and one on my HDD's cache chip.

80C on a mobo? That's under heard of. If it was actually at that temp it would melt the actual motherboard. The temp sensor seems to be messed up.

If it was actually at that temp it would melt the actual motherboard. The temp sensor seems to be messed up.
Yeah that's kind of what I'm thinking..

But I can't find the VCORE in my bios...?
Hmm check your motherboard manual. At the very least it should be under something like 'PC Health Status' and show your voltages. If not then download CPU-Z and it will tell you what your Vcore is at.

GeckoEcho421 said:
80C on a mobo? That's under heard of. If it was actually at that temp it would melt the actual motherboard. The temp sensor seems to be messed up.

Exactly, I touched the MB while the temp had this reading - there is NO WAY, it was just as cool as surface of my table, no way was it 90C.

Also, according to Sandra, the VCORE is = 1.65 Volts.

Vcore is normal for normal CPU speeds. It needs raising if you have an overclocked CPU and it's crashing like it is that means it needs more Vcore for stability

i also highly doubt you got that overclock 100% stable, did you run prime95? if windows boots but its not stable then not a good overclock... :D find your vcore then watch your temps shoot through the roof.

So what increment should I up the VCORE?

And about stability, for every 5mhz, I ran Sandra's Burn in at 90% Stress and the temps still didn't experience much of a climb.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom