Is my Vid. Card not clocked right?

Status
Not open for further replies.

pc_boy

Daemon Poster
My vid card is supposed to be 325MHZ core and 400MHZ mem.
I ran PCMark04 and on the results it said my vid. card is 195Mhz Core and 325Mhz Mem. My settings in the BIOS are se to Auto. I can change them manually, it ranges from 50MHZ to 100MhZ. I tried 76MHZ and it froze on one game, so that is overclocked. even overclocked, the PCMark04 program showed same results. what should I do? help plz.

--Thanx;)

See if theres a BIOS update for your Motherboard that will address the problem also look for the latest Motherboard Chipset updates.What VC drivers are you using.

I'm pretty sure you were changing the AGP bus, not the card. I wouldn't mess with that you could do some damage. I'd put that back on the default, too.

If you could tell us the exact card we could help ya.

First off, I would reccamend getting the latest drivers from the nVidia or ATi webside (depending on which mfg card you have) and installing them and see what happens.

Overclocking isn't really solving the problem. It'll fix it, but not permanently. We need to try a few things before we break out overclocking apps.

pc_boy said:
I have the 9600SE built by apollo. see my sig.

Your GPU is not 128-bit. It's 64-bit hence SE version.

Anyways the problem could be the GPU. You might have gotten a dud. Check the warranty and exchange it if you can.

The poster above is right overclocking is not the correct solution especially when it could be an actual problem with the card.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom