what brand?

Status
Not open for further replies.

derfist

In Runtime
well, i was plannin on getting a ATI Radeon 9800 pro vid card for $450, but i saw that a Leadtek 6800 is only $100 more. so i was thinkin of switching to the 6800, but is Leadtek a reputable brand? i don't wanna spend a fortune to end up getting a crappy card. so, those who know about this brand, pls give me some info. thanks a lot.

well, ok, that has helped. looks like i'll b getting a 6800 after all. it was very hard finding 1 with a reasonable price. thanks.

ok, now i've another problem. should i get the
MSI NX6600GT-VTD128 (GeForce 6600GT) AGP8x Graphics Card for S$449 or the
LEADTEK WinFast A400TDH (GeForce 6800) 128MB DDR for S$568?
pls tell me some of the benefits of both the cards.
thanks a million.

2 more questions. can a PCI card b used in a PCI-E slot? will the perfomance b affected. coz i see in mobos that there r 3 PCI slots, 2 PCI-E x1 and 1 PCI-E x16 slots. so i'm wondering if its compatible. thanks again. can a vid card that uses AGP x8 b used in the PCI-E x16 slot?

the 6600GT will outperform the 6800 128mb card..mainly because the 6600GT uses GDDR3 memory.

can a PCI card b used in a PCI-E slot?
No it's completely new technology they aren't compatible. That's why motherboards come with both PCI-E AND regular PCI slots...if they were compatible they wouldn't need to do that.

the PCI-E 16x is specifically for the PCI-E Graphics cards while they will be producing PCI-E sound cards and such.

derfist said:
then what slots do AGP x8 vid card go in?
Did you really just ask that??? Simple answer and only answer: AGP slots. See most mobo's have one AGP slot and the rest regular PCI. Now, the new mobo's have the one or two PCI-E slots and the rest regular PCI. If you have an AGP slot, use AGP card, if you have a PCI-E slot, use a PCI-E card.

oh ok. thanks 4 the info. coz i was wondering if u can use a AGP 8x vid card in the newer boards. cleared my doubt now. by the way, the Asus P4P800 Deluxe supports 3.2 GHz+ Pentium CPUs. does this mean that it can support up to 3.2 GHz. so can it support a 3.0 GHz CPU? thanks again.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom