SNMP Monitoring Tools

DBrown51

Baseband Member
Hey,

Are there any good free SNMP monitoring apps for a network? I am slowly but surely transitioning into our Network Administrator role here at my job, we are a small company of about 25 computers in our office.

There are many good paid tools you can try which have free trials like SolarWinds Network Performance Monitor (NPM) and Paessler PRTG Network Monitor. The results these tools give are worth the money paid.
As you are a small company and want a free tool, SpiceWork will go better with you.
The dashboard features real-time performance graphs for all the devices on the network, which makes the screen look a little crammed. However, if there's something wrong on the network, you'll spot it straight away.
The Spiceworks network has a learning center and community forums that can help you pick up tips on getting the most out of your network monitoring software.

I agree, PRTG is free up to 100 sensors but that goes quick, can be useful for network infrastructure monitoring then use Spiceworks for the computers and other hardware. Both are great products.

Back
Top Bottom