XP activation is not working?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ingeborgdot

Daemon Poster
I just reinstalled xp pro for the 3rd time in the last couple of weeks because of some problems but now the activation is nutty. It let me install xp and used the activation code but then when I went in after doing some updates it now won't let me in. It says before I can use xp I must activate it. I say yes and it lets me in, then a screen says it is already activated. Now it puts me back in the start page. What gives.

I can only tell you what wrong. no more. I've had a few people's computer with this problem.

1. you either reinstall xp too many time. the solution to this one is easy. call microsoft. give them hell. they will give you a new key. now copy your wpa.dbl and wpa.bak (windows system 32 folder) to cd or floppy and copy it back when you do another reinstall

2. you have a cracked version of xp and microsoft can't really tell if it is cracked or not so they put something in the master boot record that is giving you fits. it still works and you won't get the microsft lock that they give computers that they know is bootlegged. it use to to be you only had to copy your wpa file to activate windows. now you have to copy the wpa.bak, for which it use to never be there before

When you activate too many times windows won't let you. Call the support #, tell them the # and they'll give you the key.

Got it working but only after 3 hours with MS. They ended up giving me a new key but that still didn't work because of some glitch. We finally got it going but now a new story or an old one I guess but that is in another post I will have on here.

ingeborgdot said:
Got it working but only after 3 hours with MS. They ended up giving me a new key but that still didn't work because of some glitch. We finally got it going but now a new story or an old one I guess but that is in another post I will have on here.

if you got another computer, take that hard drive out ans put it on there as slave and use partition magic to wipe it clean (delete the hard drive), also you have to format, then delete the 7.8 mb unallocated partition. this will clean out the boot record and you install should work then. for some reason or another, when your boot record get messed with, your computer won't act right until you fix it.

I've had people with their computer locked for a having a crack version and then they bought a legit copy of XP for me to put on it and it wouldn't install right, but doing the above will fix it so it can install properly

ingeborgdot said:

what the problem?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom