Looking for a cold blooded killer

Trotter

Grandfather of Techist, ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff member
Long story short: I need a third party app that can/will kill a program or process that will not die.

I am not sure what the exact cause is/was but I did figure out that a recent Win10 update was causing my Battlefield 4 to crash and force me to do a hard shutdown to get rid of it (game froze and I was dropped from the server but the game screen remained and there was no way to get to anything "under" it, even using Alt+Tab). I removed said update and have blocked updates for the time being and now my game is not crashing. However, I am finding that the BF4.exe process will remain after I close out the game and neither Task Manager or Anvir Task Manager can kill it so if I try to reboot or shut down my computer hangs in the process and I have to force a hard shut down.

As for the game itself I have completely uninstalled it and Origin using Rave Uninstaller and had to scour the registry and drives for any remnants and removed them as well. I then reinstalled the Origin client and the game in its entirety. BF4.exe still stay running after the game is closed out and will not allow itself to be killed via Task Manager.

So I am looking for a software solution for now. I need something that can ruthlessly murder a running process within Windows.

Thanks for that. I am hoping that I have finally found the guilty party and eliminated it but I went ahead and installed Process Hacker just in case.

Back
Top Bottom