Potentially the longest thread in history...

Hell of a day yesterday.

I had the day off as I went into overtime on Thursday. My wife didn't get much sleep Thursday night so she asked me if I was going to drive her to work; she always asks me that whether I am working or not and tells me that I could drive her and then walk home so I could go to work (60+ miles, so yeah). Anyway I surprised her and said yes. I then took her car, a courtesy car as hers is in the shop for warranty repairs, and had it washed. When I got home my case had been delivered so I transplanted my system into it and got it all set back up.

My mother-in-law went with me to pick my wife up from work so we could all go out to eat. On our way through Chattanooga the traffic on the interstate bunched up and was coming to a stop. The idiot in the lane to the left of us decided he would snatch over into our lane but he didn't bother to look and see the White Chrysler Pacifica traveling in the lane beside him. I saw he was coming over but I had an 18-wheeler in the other lane beside me so there was nowhere to go and BAM! I motioned for him to move to the right shoulder, called the police, and we got to sit there for an hour waiting. There wasn't much damage done, front left fender and scraped the back of the driver's side mirror from what I can see. Thankfully he had full coverage insurance. I scared my wife half to death when I called her and told her we had been in an accident on the way there, and so she had a coworker bring her to us.

At least we still got to go out to Red Lobster.

Just realize that I hadn't updated my signature in a bit. Had to change the RAM, SSD, mouse, case, and CPU cooler. I must be slipping in my old age.

To put it simply, I used the drivers thing as an example as to why I want an archive of this site. There's a lot of information here, some of it just isn't available elsewhere, and in 5 to 10 years, this site will probably be dead with the information. However, having a read-only archive available and online might help someone trying to figure something out for an old OS like Win7, XP, or even *shudders* vista. Yes all that information is still out there, but a lot of it is very hard to find.

Add in all the random conversations and arguments, like the old *** AMD Vs. Intel threads from 2004-06 and you have a rather fun read.

If I honestly had the bandwidth available, I would probably start hosting my own driver archive, but sadly, my ISP doesn't have such bandwidth available. I have just enough that basic HTML based websites can load from my webserver and not much else, though slowly.
Life's been crazy busy
couldn't sleep
the though of this forum going away got me sad.
It's what started everything for me tech-related

Life's been crazy busy
couldn't sleep
the though of this forum going away got me sad.
It's what started everything for me tech-related

Same, I didn't know what a Teraflop was until I Googled it and found this place. I'm primarily involved in the less hardcore tech stuff, but it's been cool to have people to collaborate with that I never would have met otherwise. Don't see too many people these days, but I still come back just to check, and sometimes to post.

The end of day three away from home for work. Sunday was a 10 hour drive to Raleigh, North Carolina. Yesterday and today I did a couple of PM's (preventative maintenance, mainly cleaning the POS equipment) in two Sprouts in the area. Tomorrow morning, Wednesday, I will drive about 100 miles to do another one in Fayetteville, NC, and then another 150 to Charlotte, NC. Thursday I have another to do in Charlotte. Finally I will get to drive another 8 hours or so home on Friday.

I will be very happy when the company finally decides to put a permanent tech out here. We have a group who will sometimes field the calls but apparently PM's are beneath them. At least next week is a week of vacation.

Impending snow storm coming tonight through tomorrow in my area. First one of the year - it was 75*F yesterday, and will be 30*F with 45mph wind & snow. Expected to get 6"+. :(

For approx the past 12 to 15 months I have been struggling with Alcohol. On Monday I made a decision to sweat that Sh** out my system and Fu** me it has been a hard past 5 days.

Alcohol withdrawal is no fun game, it has completely snapped my back in regards to what it take to become an alcoholic, what it takes to maintain alcoholism and what it take to over come it.

I was told it take three days to sweat it out your system cold turkey and I must of had every symptom. Diarrhoea, vomiting, lost weight threw sweating, shaking, no sleep, hallucinations, constantly dehydrated. Just couldn't drink enough water. been in bed for days and not forgetting the stomach and bowel cramps.

I think I am over the worst of i. Been taking Paracetamol, Ibuprofen, like theirs no tomorrow. I was drinking a 2.5 Litre what is approx 18.8 Units of Alcohol a day, waking up and times, drinking and then falling back to sleep, The only way I could get to sleep was drinking Alcohol.

Tell you what guys, you can go and Fu** that for a laugh. The sweating and diarrhoea with the sickness alone is a killer let alone the constant body temperature drops

The amount of weight I have lost is unreal, I know for fine well fact in the last 12 too 15 months I must of lost a good 4 or even 5 stone. I have all ways been quite big and broad but even my belly is hanging.

Tell you what man, the past 4 days have been no joke. I just simply refuse to to drink after what I have been threw in the past 3 too 4 days too 5 days.

I'm feeling a lot better as of typing this but still not 100% but I'm 90% their.

Alcoholism is just no joke and thats a literal comment word for word.

Last edited:
Ive been in touch with the doctor and I have to go down to the local hospital as I think I'm passing blood when I go to the toilet. I'm waiting for a non emergency ambulance.

I have been to the bathroom three times this morning and each time passed blood.

Fu** this for a laugh.

Back
Top Bottom