recommend me a light-weight browser?

bigdan

Daemon Poster
I'm on Windows 7. I wonder if someone can recommend a very light-weight browser, that is still, you know, good to use. I googled a list and installed a bunch of crap. Took a lot of experimenting but they were just unpleasant to use. Examples like 'Min Browser' and 'Moon Browser' etc. Yeah, just didn't care for the interface.

What's the lightest one that still has a good interface?

Try Brave. It's Chrome-based, but much more secure. It's good at ad-blocking, which makes it operate faster, although a few sites are buggy.

Firefox is pretty light nowadays

I can second the nomination of Firefox.

Don't like the interface? Customize it. Here's a screenshot of mine in which you can see that it is very customized.

Capture.png

Try Brave. It's Chrome-based, but much more secure. It's good at ad-blocking, which makes it operate faster, although a few sites are buggy.

I agree with Brave. Ive switched to Brave as primary browser, all ads blocked by default so no need to do anything, plus optionally you can enable Brave own ads and get paid automatically each month to view them.

It also has a range of security controls built in so no need for plugins.

After that I recommend Firefox, has good security controls, built in Tor, and heavily customizable like Trotter mentioned. And they have v good privacy policies.

The new Edge is up there too, since it's Chromium based but doesn't have all of the Google integrations with it.

The new Edge is up there too, since it's Chromium based but doesn't have all of the Google integrations with it.

true. I have tried the new edge and like it, and may recommend my company switch to it, also integrates well with O365 and Azure.

It would have been more techist patriotic if you were on the techist website being the admin and all

Actually I was on Techist (see the first tab). My view of the site is a little different from members' view as I can see the hidden sections that exist for the staff and such. I figured MajorGeeks was a safe bet and a chance for me to give them a free plug. ;)

I've been using Vivaldi for the last couple of months and it seems very safest & lightest fast web browser to me.

Back
Top Bottom