360 Radiators for 9900k and 1080ti sli

kidmo87

In Runtime
Hello, I have an i9 9900k and 1080tis sli. My case can only fit two 360mm radiators in it. I was looking at the hardware labs 360 gts radiators. They are 30mm thick. Does anyone know if this will be enough to keep them cool? I was probably going to overclock all components.

So I only have 480mm fans so cant see how thick my radiators can be. I have fractal design define r6. Seen someone with 60mm and 30mm thickness. You think those two together would be thick enough?

So I should probably elaborate a bit, sorry for not having much time yesterday. Technically, dual 360s in 30mm thickness would work but you would need all 6 fans on them and have to keep them around 50% or higher (depending on the fan) during sustained loads. Really you only need to worry about heat soak more than anything. A single 360 would work on your parts if you only gamed for like an hour at a time but if you do long sessions the rad will heat soak pretty quickly and the temps will slowly start to climb.

To give an example, when I was still using my 7800x at 5GHz with my dual Titan Xps the temps would start at 50c CPU and 27c GPU (CPU much hotter because Sky**** chips run hot af overclocked). After an hour or two of gaming those temps would climb to the CPU hovering around 75c and the GPUs in the 50s. This is with an AC'd ambient temp of 74f and an 80mm Alphacool Monsta on top and a 60mm Alphacool UT60 in the front both 360s that have Noctua iPPC fans. Now that I have a 3700x the heat soak isn't quite as bad but after an hour of gaming or so the fans start to ramp up due to CPU temp spiking in the 60s.

So will a 30 and a 60 work? Yes, but you just have to pay attention to the heat soak during long gaming sessions.

Sorry for late reply. Yea, that makes me rethink doing it. I'm going from a 480mm 30mm thick for just the CPU and 560 monsta for my gpus. So I really dont want to give up the temps for that. Saying that, I should of used the monsta for the 9900k and 480 for the gpus

No you have it right since you want the bigger rad on the GPUs as they put out about double the amount of heat than a CPU. GPUs only have lower temps because there is more die surface area with the GPU and more copper for the water to touch as it's going through the block. They still put out significantly more heat than a single CPU.

Back
Top Bottom