Updated computer specs for which one I should buy?

steveDJ

Solid State Member
This is a newer version of the post I did last week for everyone to give me an opinion on which computer system would be better for me to buy on my budget of $1300 CAD. The input I got last week was that it would be more cost effective for me to build my own system. Since I don't know much about hardware I would not build one on my own but I have since last week found a a few places online that do custom builds. As I said last week, when I run apps like Pinnacle studios 19, my fan is really loud or even when it does a scan with AVG it is loud. I mainly use my computer for downloading music and movies, watching movies, listening and organizing music and creating and editing videos etc. and browsing the internet using only Firefox.
So here is my new list of systems and specs for everyone's input on what would be the best for my usage and budget.

Place #1 is just a ten minute drive from my house. They have quoted me the following system which I could pick up and does not have any delivery charge attached.
Intel i5-9400F Six-Core CPU (9TH Gen)
Asus H310ME Mainboard w/ HD Audio/LAN
16GB DDR4 RAM
1TB Western Digital HDD
DVDRW
ThermalTake MidTower Chassis
EVGA 500W Power Supply
Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit
Nvidia GTX1060 3GB Video Card (HDMI)
1 Year Warranty
$1327 + HST
They suggested that I use Windows 10 mhome instead of pro to save $50 off the above price and also if I am not doing any gaming, I could go with a less costly video card like a GTX 1050 2GB and save an additional $70. That would bring my total to $1207 + HST.

Place #2 is 4 hours west of me and would incur a delivery charge.
[FONT=&quot]AMD Ryzen 5 2400G Up to 3.9GHz Processor with Radeon RX[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Vega 11 Graphics[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]12009 [/FONT][FONT=&quot]YD2400C5FBBOX [/FONT][FONT=&quot]$1,299.00 $1,299.00[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]1 Gigabyte B450M DS3H Desktop Motherboard - (AMD Ryzen[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]AM4/M.2/HMDI/DVI/USB 3.1/DDR4/Micro ATX/Motherboard)[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]10110 [/FONT][FONT=&quot]B450M DS3H[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]1 Corsair 16GB Kit (2x 8GB) DDR4 Vengeance 2400Mhz[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Desktop Memory[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]11002 [/FONT][FONT=&quot]CMK16GX4M2A2400C16[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]1 14005 Crucial P1 500GB Turbo NVMe PCIe M.2 SSD [/FONT][FONT=&quot]CT500P1SSD8[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]1 18030 In-Win EFS052 Black Mini Tower Case 450W & DVD Suppo[/FONT][FONT=&quot]E[/FONT][FONT=&quot]rt[/FONT][FONT=&quot]FS052.CH450TB3[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]1 Microsoft Windows 10 Professional Digital Licence OEM New -[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]No Media [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]TOTAL:1299 before shipping[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]And finally place #3 is in the United states and there would be shipping charges and even possibly duty charges which they have not told me what that would be yet.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Case:X2 case[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Motherboard: ASUS PRIME B360M-A[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Processor: Intel® Six Core™ i5-8400 Processor Six Core 4.00GHz [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Memory: DDR4 2666MHz Memory - 16GB [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Power Supply: SEASONIC S12III 500W BRONZE [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Optical Drive: 24X DVD-RW Combo[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Sound Cards: Onboard Audio[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Graphics Card: RADEON RX 570 4GB[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]HDD/SSD: Western Digital Blue 1TB - 7200RPM 3.5" HDD[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]CPU Cooling: Default Cooler[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]CPU Paste: Standard CPU Thermal Paste[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]GPU Paste: Standard Graphics Card Thermal Paste[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]OS: Windows 10 Home Premium 64-Bit[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Anti-Virus: Virus & Malware Protection[/FONT]
TOTAL: $1336.45 before shipping and possibly duty charges.

So I think these have a lot better specs then the previous post I made and I appreciate everyone's input on these ones too.

If your going to consider editing video, you may want something with more power.
This is something you can consider for parts, I don't know the ca prices but I think it'll be close.
https://pcpartpicker.com/list/PQdwRJ
* you'll need a different case if you require an optical drive (dvd/blu-ray)
If you have a Windows 7/8.1 Retail/COA license you can still upgrade to Windows 10 for free

Place#1
has no SSD drive
H310 board is on the lower end
and the Nvidia GTX1060 3GB Video Card is on the low end too, considering video editing
ThermalTake MidTower Chassis...... say's nothing at all bout what this case actually is

Place#2
The Ryzen 2400G may not be enough for video editing
Should go with better memory, something like the Corsair 3000 instead of 2400
Does that In Win case have USB 3.0 ports? and it also shows very poor air flow

Place #3
they are actually listing thermal paste for the cpu/gpu?
No SSD listed?
I do not know how well an i5 will handle video editing, may need another opinion for that
That X2 made by CoolTek? if so it is a discontinued case and I'm not seeing any USB 3.0 ports on that one
http://www.cooltek.de/en/discontinued-products/cases/87/x2

Video's will gobble up a lot of hard drive space very quickly, consider that also
doing your own build is way easier than you think

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom