SSD is not showing up

happycat

Beta member
Hi,

due to a Bluescreen (BAD_SYSTEM_CONFIG_INFO) my computer doesn't start anymore. I tried to reinstall Windows 10, but my SSD is not showing up in the list of available drives.
I tried accessing it with the command line and tried to run chkdsk on it, but it refused (something about RAW not being supported). I tried to format the drive to NTFS so I could use it to reinstall Windows, but it doesn't show up in the list and now it doesn't show up in lists you can get with tools like diskpart.

I checked the BIOS and the SSD still gets listed there, but I seem to have no way of access to the drive.

Has anyone an idea about what I can do about it? I'm fine with completely formatting the drive if I finally get access again, my data are stored on a separate drive but I don't want to install windows on that drive.

Make sure all drives are unplugged besides SSD, verify it shows up in bios, load Windows via USB and click custom, in that list click your SSD and on the right select create new partition.

Make sure all drives are unplugged besides SSD, verify it shows up in bios, load Windows via USB and click custom, in that list click your SSD and on the right select create new partition.
The problem is that the SSD does not show up in this list. The only way I could confirm it's still there was through the list in the bios.

Use a Linux Distro or Windows PE (like Macrium) to see if it shows up there. If it does most likely the partition table is messed up to the point the Windows installer doesn't see a driver. Another option is pop it onto another machine with Windows and see if it shows up in disk manager.

Back
Top Bottom