Sweet potato casserole
Squash casserole
Yeast rolls
Banana pudding
Dump cake
Apple pie
Sweat tea

i must ask what is dump cake?

Sure. It is super easy to make, and darn good.

1 can crushed pineapple (full size, not the half size one)
1 can applesauce (or half of a jar, about 16oz)
1 box yellow cake mix
1 cup butter, melted
2+ cups chopped pecans
12-16oz bowl Cool Whip

Dump pineapple and applesauce in a 9x13 pan, mix to combine.
Evenly sprinkle cake mix on top of fruit.
Evenly pour melted butter over cake mix.
Evenly sprinkle chopped pecans over butter, the more the better.
Bake at 350 for 45-55 minutes, until the middle isn't wobbly.
Cool completely.
Frost with thawed Cool Whip and refrigerate.

I get anxious any time I see the food/drink thread has been updated by trotter in my usercp :p still click it anyway for some good ol' torture

Man that does sound good. Fruit and pecans and cool whip are good. If I make it, I'm going to call it something else haha ;)

I get anxious any time I see the food/drink thread has been updated by trotter in my usercp :p still click it anyway for some good ol' torture

Thanks, I think.

Man that does sound good. Fruit and pecans and cool whip are good. If I make it, I'm going to call it something else haha ;)

I have seen it made using other fruits. I have been wanting to try it using a couple of cans of apple pie filling, but I have heard of using blueberry pie filling or cherry. I have seen a recipe that uses spice cake mix and a pumpkin base but I don't remember what else was mixed with the pumpkin.

Those ideas sound like they're good too. Instead of the filling maybe get one of those bags of frozen blueberries you can get any time of year and add sugar as needed. The fillings are good but they put so much sugar in them it kind of smothers the taste of the fruit for me. And the cool whip too, idk you're scaring wilford brimley!

I got home a couple of hours before my wife so I made supper. Meatloaf, Velveeta mashed potatoes, pinto beans with ham, cornbread.

Thanks, I think.

I have seen it made using other fruits. I have been wanting to try it using a couple of cans of apple pie filling, but I have heard of using blueberry pie filling or cherry. I have seen a recipe that uses spice cake mix and a pumpkin base but I don't remember what else was mixed with the pumpkin.

I made one once using pineapple, fresh strawberries, and sliced bananas.
OMFG was it good!

... and thanks. Now I'm hungry again! :p

Back
Top Bottom