Plex on Linux with GIU

Hey iFargle I just ordered a TV! And put jellyfin on my laptop. It goes smooth and low resource, but my library is small now and I haven't streamed dlna to anything yet, but still nice software!

The only bummer about serviio is it needs java. I had it on my moms windows computer at her house but now I don't need windows or java in my life.

Luckily I don't have to do any remote computing these days, I remember it being terrible. Only ten clients could log in at a time and the people at my work were told a million times, log out of remote dont just x out and close the window but stay logged in.

The open source alternative I am sure is better, usually is the case.

Yeah I've been using it exclusively for a few months now
EmbyCon on OSMC works great with it

Hey iFargle. I installed the XRDP like you said but when I remote into it from Windows, I just get a blank screen and cannot see any GUI or anything on the Linux side. I did previously install vncserver and was using it with xfce but i don't like the xfce interface. How do I go about removing the xfce package and remove the vncserver if it is causing the xrdp issues? Thank you!

I finally got it figured out. I just reinstalled Ubuntu from scratch to alleviate any other issues. Thanks for the help!

Back
Top Bottom