Potentially the longest thread in history...

Absolutely not and wouldn't even want it lol.

Fair enough.

In other news I setup Nvidia Gamestream and Moonlight so I can remotely play games powered by my gaming PC while I am away home. If you have a good connection at both ends it is surprisingly good quality and lag free. You can tell there is some latency, but not enough to hamper your gameplay, at least in everything other than fast paced FPS games.

Any time I try any kind of streaming my immediate go to is Rocket League and nothing so far has been good enough for it.

Ive had the same experience trying numerous cloud gaming streaming products. But using my own PC seems like less latency, probably because it's 15 miles from where I am accessing it from, rather than potentially hundreds of miles for the data centers where these cloud gaming things are located.

I still probably wouldn't reccomend it for Rocket League, as that's very much a game where every millisecond counts. It would be playable but you would still notice. But it's working great for me on games like Asassins Creed and Skyrim. Slower paced stuff.

Apparently Google are launching there own game streaming product in a few weeks and it's supposedly got much lower latency than all the competitors too.

Ive had the same experience trying numerous cloud gaming streaming products. But using my own PC seems like less latency, probably because it's 15 miles from where I am accessing it from, rather than potentially hundreds of miles for the data centers where these cloud gaming things are located.

I still probably wouldn't reccomend it for Rocket League, as that's very much a game where every millisecond counts. It would be playable but you would still notice. But it's working great for me on games like Asassins Creed and Skyrim. Slower paced stuff.

Apparently Google are launching there own game streaming product in a few weeks and it's supposedly got much lower latency than all the competitors too.
In my case I'm referring to in home streaming. It's just not quick enough for RL.

In my case I'm referring to in home streaming. It's just not quick enough for RL.

Oh right. To be honest when I tried in home it seemed laggier than over the internet somehow.

It's a tech I think is cool but not quite ready for prime time yet. But probably will be in 5 years. I will never give up my PC because it's always going to offer the best experience. But if I can stream at 80% the same quality for $10 a month or something while i'm at work or my dads house, then cool.

Halo MCC coming to PC and Steam, DX12 on Windows 7, Xbox Live coming to Switch, and PC streaming to Xbox. Microsoft is making some big waves over there.

XBL also coming to iOS and Android

And apparently they are testing out deploying Windows 10 games via Xbox Live servers and even the files are in Xbox format apparently.

hmm.jpeg

If Microsoft let me play Xbox games on Win 10 PC. I guess that would be awesome.

You know what's ****ing annoying. When there is no info about something you want to buy. I am super interested in seeing the Asus PA32UCX. But they have gone completely cold since the CES announcement. It's really agravating when the internet typically returns you 1000 pages of content to read on most products.

Just had a whole week of training, and then a 4.5hr exam. Absolutely exhausting. Required pass mark of 80%.

Got 79%. At least the other two guys got 78% and 59% so I'm Queen of the Failures xD

Doing my second attempt on Sunday.

Back
Top Bottom