How long does Defrag take????

Status
Not open for further replies.

OnlyCurious

Daemon Poster
I have a 633mhz comp... yea yea.. slow as hell.. but when i try to defrag it... it goes from 1-2% done... seems like nothing is happening.. and i've left the computer on for a day, but it still jumps back and forth from 1-2%.... Anyone know what i can do?

it's only a 20gig harddrive and only 6gig is used up... 128mb ram... the computer is pretty much a POS.. lol but yea.. what can i do?? southernlady.. how do i quote you in this reply so everyone knows i'm talking to you....

and then you close it with the same but a / before the quote

You have to use those with text in between.

I suspect you have your computer all gummed up. Go to this thread: http://www.techist.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=34713 and do everything except the HiJack log right now and then see if you can defrag. If you still can't defrag, run the HiJack Log, post it in the HiJack Log Analyze forum but PLEASE be patient, There is a backlog in there and I am way behind. Liz

Can take minutes. Can take days. Depends on the fragmentation of the data, how much data there is, and how fast your system is.

hit the "quote" button under the staus thing on the left under a persons avatar and such to quote.

on my comp in my sig, with the huge harddrive, defrag only takes but an hour when it's really fragmented at it's worst. then again, on my dad's old gateway 76? mhz comp with a small harddrive, it would take all day.

OnlyCurious said:
it's only a 20gig harddrive and only 6gig is used up... 128mb ram... the computer is pretty much a POS.. lol but yea.. what can i do?? southernlady.. how do i quote you in this reply so everyone knows i'm talking to you....
Or you could just click the quote button...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom