Techist - Tech Forum - View Single Post - System stuttering

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 03-08-2019, 10:22 AM   #1 (permalink)
lolsashalol
Newb Techie

Exclamation System stuttering

Hey guys,

I've been experiencing stuttering on my dell xps 15 laptop for quite some time now and I finally decided to post a thread somewhere to seek help.

Overall, the laptop is working fine, but when I connect a USB/USB-C to ethernet dongle I start experiencing stuttering after an hour or two of using it.

The stutters range impact laptop usability from mild to completely unusable. For example, I could be watching a youtube video and, out of nowhere, it starts stuttering for around 10 seconds and comes back to normal (i.e. video starts chunking and everything sounds like it has a robot filter on it) which then causes audio to desynchronize from the video. Another example is while playing video games - the game fps drops to around 2 for around 10 seconds and ping jumps up to 600-ish, after which it comes back to normal.

Is there any way to fix this problem? I tried running system performance checks provided on the dell website and ran numerous antivirus checks, all of which found that there is nothing wrong with the system.

TL;DR Laptop stutters in videos and games after a few hours of using usb/usb-c to ethernet dongles.

Thank you for your time

Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.