Slow speeds after getting new ISP

bomt697

In Runtime
Hello,

I just changed from FIOS to Optimum Online (better deal offered)
I got the 200 down speed

I see that those speeds on the wireless 5ghz but on my wired computer I am only getting about half that.

I cant explain why this is. Any suggestions on how I can troubleshoot this?

Do you have your own router/modem, or did your ISP give you one (or both)? Have you tried a different ethernet port on your router?

Optimum has a new system called Altice which includes the cable box and modem into one

Can you provide the model for the device they gave you? I would also go to your ethernet adapter properties in Windows and make sure it says 1Gb.

There are many reason high-speed internet performs slower than expected. After getting new ISP, got slower speed internet, there are certain factors that causes problems. Some of the points that you can control and easy fixed if you find problem similar from below mentioned:

- Might be your router or modem old that connect to internet connection. If it is old or few years since then you should it upgrade.
- May be your router or modem not configured properly, so check the documentation or go to manufacturer's website for configured.
- If your Router or modem have no password and accessing or obtaining by everyone then prevent it by password security.
- Some times web browser add-ons or plugins features consuming bandwidth and effect internet speed
- Use your modem router of current or latest technology. 802.11ac routers are much faster than 802.11b, 802.11g or 802.11n routers.
- Any malware or virus infect your Computer or cause slow speed process, run antivirus software and prevent this.
- Too many background apps or programs running in your system effect on internet speed
- If your browser is full of cache, clear all the cache.

Back
Top Bottom