DIY ergonomic(gaming) workstation

raverx3m

Daemon Poster
im looking for ideas and pictures of an ergonomic workstation that I can build around a recliner of some kind or a comfortable chair.
back problems and carpool tunnel from poorly designed computer tables

something similar to attached gif

Attachments

• giphy.jpg
    giphy.jpg
    18.4 KB · Views: 8
Maybe something from M$ or Apple?
Honestly it's (type of tablet) the only thing I can think of that would be usable for a reclining/comfortable chair type of thing

I think he is talking about a mounted ceiling monitor with 3 way mounting arm over a recliner, then a keyboard/mouse on a board attaches to the floor or nearby wall and that also has a 3 way mounting arm that swings away from the chair when he is watching a movie ,etc. My 6'7" 135 pound son who has a genetic gut issue has attempted to do this for himself. Since I won't buy him the necessary expensive wall/ceiling mounting arms, etc. he has done what he could using a tall mans rocker/recliner, a workplace table that has a motorized rise/lower in it, a good Monitor attached to that table via a 3 way arm mount, and then we designed and installed a board that is attached via a large hinge to a wall that uses Velcro to mount his keyboard/mouse-pad/mouse on it that then lowered to 90 degrees from the wall it sits perfectly positioned just over the rocker/recliners arms and when raised rests parallel to the wall. So he can watch movies, etc. with the board raised so he can rock in his chair or sleep comfortably, and then lower the board to do school work or play games. I would take a pic for you, but its always messy and he would get irritated.

Back
Top Bottom