Rise of the Tomb Raider

acerinpa

Fully Optimized
Well- finally picked this up for $48 on GMG ( steam code) .

I was surprised I did not find a thread on this game - didn't anybody play this? .

First impressions are:

1) Game is pretty taxing on the GPU - my 290 is doing the job ( setting on high, FX, etc) , but i get a few stutters.

2) Some of the puzzle stuff ( jumps/climbs/etc. ) are difficult- but this is always my toughest area, I am not that precise with my mouse and keystrokes and have a tendency to be too quick.

3) The actual combat with other humans is too easy ( i have taken no damage at all from people)- am playing on the second toughest setting. The stupid bear killed me a 1/2 a dozen times before I got the timing down ( see #2 -LOL).

4) Sometimes - I am not sure what your trying to do. I like exploring so this is OK with me.

5) The visuals are super good. I play on an older 50 inch plasma and it looks great- there are times that after a cut scene it goes back to Laura Croft and the game looks so good I think the cut scene just got stuck and is frozen, until I move my mouse and the character moves. If I had a better GPU and could use all the visual effects available this would be even better.

I am only 15% into the game so impressions could change. I hate the "Quick time event" stuff- like the Bear- so I can see me coming back bitching about them....

Any advice regarding skill tree or weapons upgrades would be appreciated.

Tomb Raider is one of my favorite game. I play many parts of Tomb Raider but the 2013 one I didn't play because of my PC configuration its low now I'm trying to buy another PC for gaming. :)

@Laurence_Burke Tomb Raider 2013 one is also a really good game like all parts. What PC you buy to play this game make sure higher than this spec:
CPU: Dual core CPU (AMD Athlon64 X2 2.1 Ghz (4050+)/Intel Core2 Duo 1.86 Ghz (E6300)
CPU SPEED: Info
RAM: 1 GB (Win XP), 2 GB (Win Vista/7)
VIDEO CARD: DirectX 9 Graphics card with 512 MB Video RAM (Radeon HD 2600 XT/Geforce 8600)
PIXEL SHADER: 3.0
VERTEX SHADER: 3.0
SOUND CARD: Yes
DEDICATED VIDEO RAM: 512 MB

I can't speak for anybody else, but I haven't played a Tomb Raider game since the second one on PS1. Just don't really have much interest.

Same.

Loved the old tomb raiders as a kid. But I try the new ones everytime they come out. They look pretty, but the gameplay doesn't do much for me. I play them for a couple of hours and then quit never to play again.

Back
Top Bottom