Potentially the longest thread in history...

Back on Spiders... I get those black harry jumping spiders and they are very fast and hard to kill.
We also get those yellow "banana" spiders too, they are called yellow sac spiders and they bite more often and have a worse bite than most other house spiders
Yellow sac spiders aren't what we were referring to. Carnage said the correct name to what I was calling a banana spider. Although, yellow sac spiders are ****ing dicks.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Orb-weaver_spider

up north where I am from, we call those yellow sac spiders "banana spiders" they usually hang out in the corner of the ceiling and wall, where they build their web sacs, They are usually in the higher places... not around the floor.
Trotter... I have the Black Flag spider & scorpion killer in a spray can.... gets in those ceiling corners. This year has not been very bad for spiders though.
Never had an Orb spider in the house, They make big round giant webs outside.

Some more info about spiders here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sHzdsFiBbFc

Last edited:
Can someone train me on the american language.

I go on a lot of car subreddits. And i've noticed a common theme. People post stories/pics etc about how they drove through snow/rain or whatever. But apparently, everything is a 'storm'. A guy posts a pic with his car with 1cm of snow on it and it's always "Just drove through a snowstorm". Is this normal ? if it rains you just default to calling it a rainstorm ?

Can someone train me on the american language.

I go on a lot of car subreddits. And i've noticed a common theme. People post stories/pics etc about how they drove through snow/rain or whatever. But apparently, everything is a 'storm'. A guy posts a pic with his car with 1cm of snow on it and it's always "Just drove through a snowstorm". Is this normal ? if it rains you just default to calling it a rainstorm ?

It depends a lot on the person and the area, truthfully. In the North or Midwest an inch of show would be no big deal unless it came down in less than half an hour. Here in the South an inch of snow would shut everything down for a day or three and would be regarded as a winter storm. A gentle rain is just that. whereas a heavy downpour could be called a rainstorm by some. Toss in some thunder and lightening and you have a thunderstorm.

It depends a lot on the person and the area, truthfully. In the North or Midwest an inch of show would be no big deal unless it came down in less than half an hour. Here in the South an inch of snow would shut everything down for a day or three and would be regarded as a winter storm. A gentle rain is just that. whereas a heavy downpour could be called a rainstorm by some. Toss in some thunder and lightening and you have a thunderstorm.

Fair enough. Over here no matter how heavy the rain / snow is it wouldnt be called a storm without strong winds and lightning.

Storm to me is a Thunderstorm. Rain is rain or a shower. Little bit of snow is a flurry, and anything over a foot in Texas is a blizzard lol. Although, we have had what you'd call an icestorm before. One thing you probably already know is over here a LOT of words are misused or exaggerated.

Storm to me is a Thunderstorm. Rain is rain or a shower. Little bit of snow is a flurry, and anything over a foot in Texas is a blizzard lol. Although, we have had what you'd call an icestorm before. One thing you probably already know is over here a LOT of words are misused or exaggerated.

Yeah I kind of got that impression. Average american seems to put super in front of everything. Some cali girl on youtube was making a sandwich and said she was "super stoked".

I mean, com'on, it's a sandwich. I like food as much as the next guy but if I was gonna use the word super stoked it'd be when someone served me 30 day age A5 grade wagyu steak. Not a peanut butter sandwich.

Joking aside I don't actually mind the exaggeration really. Its kinda nice to see people so positive about everything in a way. I think we are too far the other way over here. When y'all say 'super stoked' i'd probably say 'eh not bad'. :silly:

There is some story from WW2 or something where a British officer called the Americans over radio to report on the situation, and he said something like "we're in a little bit of bother", so the american dude took that as basically fine not taking into account typical british understatement lol. But they all died.

Last edited:
Yeah I kind of got that impression. Average american seems to put super in front of everything. Some cali girl on youtube was making a sandwich and said she was "super stoked".

I mean, com'on, it's a sandwich. I like food as much as the next guy but if I was gonna use the word super stoked it'd be when someone served me 30 day age A5 grade wagyu steak. Not a peanut butter sandwich.

Joking aside I don't actually mind the exaggeration really. Its kinda nice to see people so positive about everything in a way. I think we are too far the other way over here. When y'all say 'super stoked' i'd probably say 'eh not bad'. :silly:

There is some story from WW2 or something where a British officer called the Americans over radio to report on the situation, and he said something like "we're in a little bit of bother", so the american dude took that as basically fine not taking into account typical british understatement lol. But they all died.
****! :lol::lol::lol::lol: I shouldn't laugh but damn I can't help it.

Back
Top Bottom