Listened to all your advice...

Status
Not open for further replies.

BlackmanOne

Baseband Member
I have posted a bunch in order to find what would best suite my needs (school, slight gaming, internet, word processing, etc) I have found exactly what I want. I am on a budget, and am unable to order online (parents rules). I must either get a Dell, or have a store build one for me. Opting for a custom, here are my stats.

If you see anything that really sucks, please tell me...just that I cannot upgrade much (unless it would only cost a little extra and be a lot better)

CPU AMD Athlon XP 2500+ CPU Retail Box 333MHz With Fan Barton
Memory 512MB DDR400 PC3200 Memory (Major Brand)
Mother Board ASUS A7V8X-WL Mother Board
Hard Drive 1 Western Digital 80GB 7200RPM ATA 100 IDE 8MB Cache
Optical Drive 1 LG Combo Drive 52X CD-RW 16X DVD-ROM (black)
Video ATI Power Color Radeon 9600 Pro 256MB DDR, DVI, TV-Out
Audio Onboard Audio
Network Card Onboard 10/100 Mbps Network Card
Floppy Drive FREE SamSung Floppy Drive For Pick Up Orders of $800+
Case Xpider Color Case (Silver)
Power Supply 420 Watt Enlight Power Supply Dual Fan

One thing: Maxtor has a Maxtor 120GB 7200RPM UDMA 133 IDE 8MB Cache for only like 20 bucks more. Is that a better deal?

I would definately find a better mobo. you are asking for trouble trying to pair a xp2500 with a kt400 chipset. the rest look good, looks like you were smart enough to choose a good power supply instead of a bundled one.

definately got with the maxtor, 133MB/ sec is a big difference in speed over the WD. so why is it you can't order online? don' t your parents know they could save a lot of money? newegg.com has a great return policy.

Last minute thought. Would pairing a A64 3000+ with a ASUS K8V Deluxe Mother Board be a better choice? A bit extra, but if I take off the speakers, itd only be a 100$ upgrade.

There is currently no reason to have a 64 bit processor...The 2500+ is plenty. And you're not a hardcore gamer anyways.

Ther store I am going to is limited in their Mobo's. Out of these mobo's, switch are the ones I should look at?

ASUS ASRock K7VM2 mother board
ASUS ASRock K7VM4 mother board
ASUS ASRock K7S8X Mother Board
ASUS A7V8X-X Mother Board
ASUS A7V8X-WL Mother Board
ASUS A7N8X-X Mother Board
ASUS A7N8X-E-DX Deluxe Mother Board
ASUS A7N8X-VM Mother Board
ASUS A7N8X Mother Board

This would be really appreciated.

Anyone, this would really help me out. Would the a7n8X-X be a better choice? or just go for the gusto and get the a7n8x-e-dx deluxe?

Personally, I don't like ASUS. I have an ABIT AN-7 that I bought for something like 70-80 bucks from newegg.com (they rule and have exceptionally great prices) - the nice thing about it is that it has an LCD readout on the mobo that gives codes if there are any post or other mobo problems. I highly reccomend it.

Tell your parents that they will save a TON of money by buying online.

BlackmanOne said:
Ther store I am going to is limited in their Mobo's. Out of these mobo's, switch are the ones I should look at?

ASUS ASRock K7VM2 mother board
ASUS ASRock K7VM4 mother board
ASUS ASRock K7S8X Mother Board
ASUS A7V8X-X Mother Board
ASUS A7V8X-WL Mother Board
ASUS A7N8X-X Mother Board
ASUS A7N8X-E-DX Deluxe Mother Board
ASUS A7N8X-VM Mother Board
ASUS A7N8X Mother Board

This would be really appreciated.

As you can see in my signature, I have the Asus A7N8X-X with an AMD Athlon XP 2500+, and couldn't be happier. I literally haven't had one problem with either so far.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom