Washing machine trip the breaker.

litwicki22

Solid State Member
When my washing machine (7 year old ) was running yesterday it trip the breaker ( that one ,first on the left , RCD i guess?!) and no power in home. We reset the trip and the same happened twice more (took me a ittle while to realise it was the washing machine!). The socket is OK, and I presume the fuse in the plug must still be OK as the machine worked for a a couple of seconds before the fuse went again.

That one :

9i.jpg

It was not happening during all years never before,which is very weird only yesterday. But my mother put inside a lot of clothes yesterday.

Ah and circuit overload doesnt matter,because actually i have only tv and laptop,oven running,like always.

Today we run again washer,but this time she put less clothes than yesterday...+ she clean and dry some element ( not heater for sure ) . Dunno what.

And no breaker tripping and power is on still.

Now its fine,washer working without issues in home. And all other devices in home,like tv,oven,light,laptop working fine.

So leave that or change something in electricity home?

I ask because i want to plug my new pc parts.

But i had many pcs in home all years no issues,even last pc from 12.12.2017 to 10 december 2018 and no issues. So i ask now. If everything is fine now again, can i plug new pc?

Check the wiring to the circuit breaker (remove cover) and make sure the wire lugs are tight for the breaker, do the same for the outlet the the washer plugs into also.
Weak connections could cause premature trips, because the breaker will get hotter. (higher resistance=higher amps=more heat=trip)

Last edited:
=Now its fine and it not tripping the main breaker, so it was something with washer ( laundry overload or water leak ).

If i actually washer will not trip again RCD or when i stop using washer. Can i just plug my new pc parts in house?

RCD breaker is fine yes?

Last edited:
If the washer is old then it could be drawing more amps with a full load, bearings and such things that wear out cause more power than it used to use when it was new. It still wouldn't hurt to check those connections and make sure they are tight

My question. Technically when washer trips RCD and power goes out, this is the same when oven and bulb inside get damage and oven will trip rcd and power goes out too ..... .

So its the same?

Back
Top Bottom