The Food & Drink Thread

@Soul ..

Home made spicy house special fried rice Spuds style..

I washed the grains of rice like you said and then pre soaked for about 30 too 45 minutes.. I then took the rice being a cup and added it to boiling water for about 7 too 9 minutes with one and a third cup of water on an electric cooker that has a heat setting of 1 too 6. Chopped up some tinned meat being pork and ham, with some frozen mixed veg being peas carrots and sweetcorn and also green beans. Chopped up some fresh mushrooms and added them as well.

Everything went in to the pan for a good frying and I then added the rice what I washed after it came out the pan of boiling water in order to remove the starch and cool the rice. Cold cooked rice. I have some curry paste their but will more than likely not use it as its overall too much for one person.

Bon apatite ..

Attachments

• IMG_20181223_030035.jpg
    IMG_20181223_030035.jpg
    116.3 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_20181223_030002.jpg
    IMG_20181223_030002.jpg
    109.9 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_20181223_025954.jpg
    IMG_20181223_025954.jpg
    108.4 KB · Views: 4
Last edited:
Looks pretty good, I'm making some tonight too haha, cooking up a feast for xmas lunch tomorrow.

Also to do tonight, prep ~5kg of ribs :D dry rub ingredients going on this evening, fridge overnight then a couple hours wrapped tight in foil in the oven tomorrow. Bringing them to the fam house with some bbq sauce + some cherry & apple wood to finish them off ready for lunch, should be damn good!

Looks pretty good, I'm making some tonight too haha, cooking up a feast for xmas lunch tomorrow.

Also to do tonight, prep ~5kg of ribs :D dry rub ingredients going on this evening, fridge overnight then a couple hours wrapped tight in foil in the oven tomorrow. Bringing them to the fam house with some bbq sauce + some cherry & apple wood to finish them off ready for lunch, should be damn good!

Did you notice threw doing the prep work the rice was not too wet or over cooked and flakey.

Look closely at the individual grains.

Check out Chef Buck's Baby Back ribs done in the oven:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JzFDINP9sao

^Basically exactly what I do :p I like sweet bbq so there's a bunch of brown sugar in my dry rub AND bbq sauce, but yup foolproof technique to get some damn good tasting ribs.

Only real difference is the way he finishes his. I use coals with some wood, or the broiler in a pinch, otherwise you don't get that nice charring effect/taste. HNGH so hungry now damnit!

Rib station
jWPCE0w.jpg

2nd basting on and waiting to be turned
LeY4b0s.jpg

Pulls apart super easy and leaves a clean bone (see test right corner :p), would've liked a larger coal area with a lid to finish them off better with more consistent coloring/charring but ah well
NZhGVUq.jpg

Since I got the sous vide cooker for xmas, I have been buying a lot of nice meat. Today is another day. For $35 I got some Cote De Boeuf, and some Welsh Lamb Fillet. So far my sous vide experience with pork ribs, loin steaks and fillet steak has been ****ing amazing.

h8p2rkP.jpg

There's a store near me called Dickman's meat I kid you not.
They sell random crap like ground camel, deer, kangaroo, you name it. it's actually pretty great :tongue:

Back
Top Bottom