Does removing a ram stick cuases the mobo to reset the OC settings?

Aljouf

Solid State Member
so i have a system with overclocked GPU and CPU and Ram.
does removing one of the ram stick (i have 4 of them) could cause the MOBO to reset the overclock's settings?
because i've noticed the system start to act weird (booting twice-three times) but then it booted to windows just fine!

If by booting weird you mean during post it could be detecting unstable settings and resetting RAM timings/clock for the system to boot stable. So to answer your question for your case most likely.

If by booting weird you mean during post it could be detecting unstable settings and resetting RAM timings/clock for the system to boot stable. So to answer your question for your case most likely.

thank you for replying.
i wont be in my home for a quite a while so i cant check but can these settings be saved on a profile (i have a pre-built pc overclocked from origin) ?

and last thing does BIOS resetting effects the GPU as well?

They probably have a profile on there but it won't matter if the removed stick is causing instability.

No GPU OCing is done with software in Windows.

2 questions, what are the specs of the machine and why are you removing the stick of RAM to begin with?

They probably have a profile on there but it won't matter if the removed stick is causing instability.

No GPU OCing is done with software in Windows.

2 questions, what are the specs of the machine and why are you removing the stick of RAM to begin with?

i had a problem with the old system it started giving me blue screen and freezing so i suspected it was a ram problem so i had to take the ram from my new system without realizing it could reset the OC's settings!

thanks for the help i appreciate it :).

Back
Top Bottom