USB device over current status detected

Bikerbud89

Solid State Member
This message keeps popping up in my bios then my computer shuts down. I've seen multiple videos on this issue and read a few different sites. I've unplugged my USB ports from the front of my case no change. Blown out the rear ports with compressed air. Made sure none are damaged. Removed the battery to reset the motherboard. It came on once no problem after I got the power button hoping dumb luck would let me use my computer. then I restarted my computer and it started happening again. Also the fans and lights kick on for a second after I got the power button, then then stop and after a few seconds the bios start up. When u unplug everything it still say that there are two hubs, but there is nothing but the monitor plugged into the computer. Does anyone have any ideas?
4zw2mNYyZ2fnbhZY7

Last edited:
It's a custom build. I have an i5, 8 gb of ddr3, evga 650 bq power supply 650w. Power supply is brand new. Just replaced it. Motherboard is Asus gryphon z87 The pc is a few years old.

Last edited:
I would pull the mother board out of the pc case and disconnect everything except the keyboard, video and mouse. Leave the power supply connected to the 24 pin and 4/8 pin cpu. Temp jump out the Front Panel pwr pins to get it to boot and see what it does outside of the case. If it works outside of the case then you probably have a short somewhere between the case and board

No luck there even with nothing from the case hooked up I get the same thing. I don't know why it's saying that there are two hubs connected when there isnt

Yeah u was starting to think it's my board. The part about the jumpers I don't know what that's talking about. I was really hoping it was something simple I could fix, but that doesn't seem to be the case.

There are jumpers to re-set your bios to the default settings, if you should decide to try this, make note of all the current settings first in case your windows does not boot back up.
There are jumpers on some other boards (but not yours) for the USB power.
Here is a link to the manual for your motherboard, it may help you to be able become more familiar with that board if you want to re-set it
https://www.asus.com/us/Motherboards/GRYPHON_Z87/HelpDesk_Manual/
Disconnect the power cord from the wall and wait until all the power leds go out before you reset the bios

Back
Top Bottom