Which processor is better??

Status
Not open for further replies.

OnlyCurious

Daemon Poster
Which 2 of these comps is a better deal?

Hey everyone, i'm kinda new to this forum...
But I had a question for everyone that is into computers.... WHICH 2 OF THESE COMPUTERS IS BETTER?? Um... I know the Celerons are weak... and I'm not too familiar with AMD's.... Leave lots of comments... Thanks~

And by the way... the AMD is about $600 and the Celeron is about $470.... Which is a better deal????????

**First Computer** (I think this one is better.... but if anyone has a counter argument.... feel free to persuade me to buy the celeron... )

HP Pavilion A735W-B desktop computer
HP vx74 17-inch flat screen CRT monitor
AMD AthlonTM XP 3000+ processor (2.10GHz)
80 GB (7200rpm) Ultra DMA hard drive
512 MB DDR-SDRAM with up to 64MB allocated to video memory
Memory expandable to 2 GB
512 K secondary-level cache
400 MHz FrontSide bus
Pair of stereo speakers
8X DVD writer and CD writer combo drive (DVD+RW/CD-RW)
Drive Speeds: 8x DVD+R, 4x DVD+RW, 2.4x DVD+R DL, 12x DVD-ROM, 24x CDR, 10X CDRW, 40x CDROM
9-in-1 digital media card reader
High speed 56K flex modem
Integrated 10/100Base-T networking interface
HP keyboard, HP scroller mouse
Available Slots: 2 PCI and 1 AGP; Available Bays: 5.25" (1), 3.25" (1), Available External Ports: 7 USB 2.0 - 2 FireWire (IEEE 1394) - 1 serial - 1 parallel - 1-external VGA monitor port
Front Panel 9-1 reader: Compact Flash I/II - SmartMedia - Memory Stick - Memory Stick Pro - MultiMediaCard - Secure Digital (SD) - IBM MicroDrive, xD
Software Included: Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition with Service Pack 2, Microsoft Works 7.0, Microsoft Money Standard 2004, Intuit Quicken New User's Edition 2004, HP Image Zone Plus digital photography software, Adobe Acrobat Reader, Sonic RecordNow easily create your own CDs and DVDs, Apple iTunes for Windows,InterVideo WinDVD SE for playing DVD movies, InterVideo WinDVD Creator: edit and record your digital home videos to DVD, Microsoft Windows Movie Maker, HP Organize

**Second Computer**

HP Pavilion A705W-B computer
Intel Celeron D Processor 340 (2.93 GHz, 533 FrontSide bus, 256 KB L2 Cache)
40 GB Ultra DMA hard drive
256 MB DDR-SDRAM with up to 64 MB allocated to video memory
Integrated Intel Extreme Graphics with up to 64 MB shared video memory
CD Writer and DVD combo drive (CD-RW/DVD)
Drive Speeds: 48x32x16x48
Front Panel 9-1 reader: Compact Flash I/II - SmartMedia - Memory Stick - Memory Stick Pro - MultiMediaCard - Secure Digital (SD) - IBM MicroDrive, xD
High-speed 56K flex modem
Available Slots: 2 PCI; Available External Ports: 5 USB 2.0 - 1 serial - 1 parallel; Available Bays: one 5.25", one 3.25"
Software Included: Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition with Service Pack 2, Microsoft Works 7.0, Microsoft Money Standard 2004, Intuit Quicken New User's Edition 2004, and much more:) :)

OnlyCurious said:
HP Pavilion A735W-B desktop computer
AMD AthlonTM XP 3000+ processor (2.10GHz)
80 GB (7200rpm) Ultra DMA hard drive
512 MB DDR-SDRAM with up to 64MB allocated to video memory
512 K secondary-level cache
400 MHz FrontSide bus
Pair of stereo speakers
8X DVD writer and CD writer combo drive (DVD+RW/CD-RW)
Drive Speeds: 8x DVD+R, 4x DVD+RW, 2.4x DVD+R DL, 12x DVD-ROM, 24x CDR, 10X CDRW, 40x CDROM
9-in-1 digital media card reader
High speed 56K flex modem
Available Slots: 2 PCI and 1 AGP; Available Bays: 5.25" (1), 3.25" (1), Available External Ports: 7 USB 2.0 - 2 FireWire (IEEE 1394) - 1 serial - 1 parallel - 1-external VGA monitor port
Software Included: Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition with Service Pack 2, Microsoft Works 7.0, Microsoft Money Standard 2004, Intuit Quicken New User's Edition 2004, HP Image Zone Plus digital photography software, Adobe Acrobat Reader, Sonic RecordNow easily create your own CDs and DVDs, Apple iTunes for Windows,InterVideo WinDVD SE for playing DVD movies, InterVideo WinDVD Creator: edit and record your digital home videos to DVD, Microsoft Windows Movie Maker, HP Organize

Hi, I'm Dan! Welcome to TF!

I think that the system I quoted ^ above ^ is way better than the second system. Go with the second computer :) ;) :D

-Dan The Man

I'm gonna use it for all sorts of things... mostly for games and microsoft word and stuff like that.... i have a all-in-wonder graphics card 9200 something liek that.. and i'l probbably add it to one of the 2 choices up there.... how do i only reply to you??

AMD will still offer better performance because it's an XP going against a Celeron which is the equivelant of a duron. Even with the extra MHz behind the pentium the AMD will easily make up for it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom