Celeron vs. Pentium

Status
Not open for further replies.

OnlyCurious

Daemon Poster
Can anyone tell me why a celeron has such a bad image? Everyone that I have talked to always tells me not to get one... So to compare... if i had a choice between a 2.9GHz Celeron and a 2.9GHz Pentium 4 (with or without HT technology and please tell which one you're referring to), which one would i buy?? and what are the advantages....
i know HT gives the computer the ability to work in parallel.. but hm... you guys can tell me the rest.....

Celerons are the 'budget' version of Pentium processors, with less cache than the CPU they are based on

they have a bad name because they don't perform as well as Pentium's, but in reality, the performance difference is not much
a 2.8GHZ Celeron will be quite enough to run games like Half-Life 2, depending on the graphics card

Celeron's are not bad, they just don't quite perform the same as Pentium's

games doesnt need a powerful cpu. Anything above a Athlon 2400+ can run most games as long as you have 512mb of ram and a good graphics card

yeah i got a celeron and with the money i saved i was able to buy another stci of 512, i didnt see any reason in gettin a pentium when i dont use applications like desktop stuff , u know the stuiff where prossecor speed matters. i had asked the same question awhile back and came ot the conclusion, that i dont regret getting the celeron

apokalipse said:
Celerons are the 'budget' version of Pentium processors, with less cache than the CPU they are based on

they have a bad name because they don't perform as well as Pentium's, but in reality, the performance difference is not much
a 2.8GHZ Celeron will be quite enough to run games like Half-Life 2, depending on the graphics card

Celeron's are not bad, they just don't quite perform the same as Pentium's

Thank you apokalipse,it's about time somebody kind of stick's up for celeron's:D,OnlyCurious if you are planning on picking up a celeron make sure it's the new D serie's,the D serie's is based on the presscott core with a bigger 533 fsb and 256kb cache compared to the old 400 fsb and 128kb cache,and the best part is they kept the same low price as the old one's.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom