Question About SIM Cards

Aetho

Beta member
I recently bought a device and it doesn't yet recognize the SIM card I put in it. Will the SIM card only be recognized after I have a service plan or is it something due to a faulty device that I should replace before spending on a service plan?

Many Thanks-

The device should be recognizing that the SIM has been inserted, even if only to tell you that it is the wrong SIM.

Hi there! I suggest that you seek advice from the service provider from whom you bought the SIM card! The card should normally be recognised the moment you put it in. You might not yet be able to benefit from all the functionalities, but you should be able to tell that a new SIM card has been added to the phone!

The card will be recognised even if you dont have a plan, of course you cant make calls or use texts/ be charged extras if you dont have a plan however. I know this because I have experience of this. Also, you don't actually need a sim card to use the phone, you only need a sim card to activate the phone. After, even if you took out the sim card it will function (minus the calls and texts). So you can use another person's sim card to activate your phone.

Back
Top Bottom