Arkansas tho

kmanmx

Golden Master
Just saw this on ye old reddit.

Alcohol_control_in_the_United_States.svg

Whats up with that ? (red = "dry" counties, no alcohol for sale etc).

Is Arkansas some crazy legacy prohibition state or something ?

Hah, was just reading up on this yesterday :p the biggest joke is that the dry states have more alcohol related traffic accidents/fatalities by population than the non-dry ones.

Is this for real.

So Arkansas has completely banned alcohol.

Come on, this isn't real is it.

Haha, that was my reaction too. But it's real... well, it seems like most counties have banned it anyway. There are still some yellow and blue slots that represent counties where alcohol is legal.

Hah, was just reading up on this yesterday :p the biggest joke is that the dry states have more alcohol related traffic accidents/fatalities by population than the non-dry ones.

Not surprised.. causes people to make moonshine and **** which is gonna be way stronger.

Actually they drive elsewhere to get it and come back drunk.

Makes sense.

So I knew the US had federal and then state laws, but it also seems like individual counties within each state can pass their own laws if they can prohibit alcohol at such a local level ? which is quite interesting really as the UK is basically just the central London government deciding everything for everyone everywhere.

Makes sense.

So I knew the US had federal and then state laws, but it also seems like individual counties within each state can pass their own laws if they can prohibit alcohol at such a local level ? which is quite interesting really as the UK is basically just the central London government deciding everything for everyone everywhere.
The confusion is what makes a lot of arguments one sided when it comes to a lot of US policy.

^ more like it's your favourite /r/gatekeeping copout :p ya could neva understand you silly forigners!

Not to start some kind of argument, but reading reddit and the internet in general it seems like muricans misunderstand the rest of the world more than the rest of the world misunderstand the US. It makes sense really, the whole world gets a lot of news and event and TV and **** from the US, but not so much the other way around.

Back
Top Bottom