favourite cheese

Depends entirely on the requirements at hand :p

For cheese & crackers platter I'd do a nice mature cheddar, good n crumbly with lots of sharp tang/bite, and a young edam for that creamy nuttiness.

A burger on the other hand, I'd go smoked gouda, colby jack, or my personal fav an aged gruyère for that combo of earthy/nutty with excellent melting properties, which is a must on a burg IMO. Only change to this is if it's a lamb burger, in which case feta ALL the way hands down, something about that mix is just outta this world good.

Also on pizza. Love how feta doesn't really *melt* but does go into a small gooey pile :p

And speaking of that meltiness, sometimes you just want overpowering rich unctious hot piles of melted cheese, in which case you can't pass up raclette. Bit bland compared to some, but over some properly seasoned potatoes and bacon chunks (or preferably speck)...bah gawd.

For melted cheese on a burger, I usually use extra mature or vintage cheddar (the ones with a few small crunchy salt crystals in). If you want to melt it really well, grate it and put it in a pot on the hob, and add a few teaspoons of milk. Melts easily into a very thick cheddar cheese sauce, and no need for flour or anything.

I'm not a fan or cheese much especially the pre-manufactured cheap nasty stuff you get like cheese slices or cheese strings.

A good cheese if I do eat it is like a mature cheddar or even a soft white brie . Oh my days. A soft white brie is the stuff of heaven and I have seen my self eat a block of that stuff. No joke.

But even Edam or something like a blue cheese is good stuff and tastes amazing.

**Are hear; my mouths starting to water. Thanks.** :annoyed:

Last edited:
Depends entirely on the requirements at hand :p

For cheese & crackers platter I'd do a nice mature cheddar, good n crumbly with lots of sharp tang/bite, and a young edam for that creamy nuttiness.

A burger on the other hand, I'd go smoked gouda, colby jack, or my personal fav an aged gruyère for that combo of earthy/nutty with excellent melting properties, which is a must on a burg IMO. Only change to this is if it's a lamb burger, in which case feta ALL the way hands down, something about that mix is just outta this world good.

Also on pizza. Love how feta doesn't really *melt* but does go into a small gooey pile :p

And speaking of that meltiness, sometimes you just want overpowering rich unctious hot piles of melted cheese, in which case you can't pass up raclette. Bit bland compared to some, but over some properly seasoned potatoes and bacon chunks (or preferably speck)...bah gawd.

I feel like you must have visited the Cheese web site at some point in your life! To add to your list, I can't forget blue cheese. I love some blue cheese on a burger. If you can get a homemade version of the dressing, it's great for salads as well. The chunkier the dressing the better.

I like most cheeses but for me, my absolute favorite is a Mild Cheddar. I prefer it over the tangy taste of a Sharp Cheddar.

I'm not a fan or cheese much especially the pre-manufactured cheap nasty stuff you get like cheese slices or cheese strings.

A good cheese if I do eat it is like a mature cheddar or even a soft white brie . Oh my days. A soft white brie is the stuff of heaven and I have seen my self eat a block of that stuff. No joke.

But even Edam or something like a blue cheese is good stuff and tastes amazing.

**Are hear; my mouths starting to water. Thanks.** :annoyed:

Mmmm honestly i love cheese strings lol

I feel like you must have visited the Cheese web site at some point in your life! To add to your list, I can't forget blue cheese. I love some blue cheese on a burger. If you can get a homemade version of the dressing, it's great for salads as well. The chunkier the dressing the better.

Gotta be real careful with the application and choice of blue otherwise I find it overpowers nearly every other flavour in the burger, but damn straight it's awesome :p to that end IMO it suits a LARGE patty (I go 160g+ for blue burgers) and other bold flavours like a vinaigrette on some lettuce and red onion. HNGH.

And yes, I love that site :p also https://www.cheeseandburger.com

Back
Top Bottom