Opening Ports for an Unturned Server

Yeah... I'm using the one that I get from ipchicken/whatsmyip. I just search that up and give it to my friends, regularly because I know that it's dynamic so it's prone to change every so often, so everytime we try to get them on the server I always make sure the external ip is accurate.

You may need to contact your ISP -- From what you've told me, I see nothing wrong with the config.

You may need to contact your ISP -- From what you've told me, I see nothing wrong with the config.
Contacted spectrum... they referred me to TP-Link because they said that they couldn't help with a modem that isn't a Spectrum modem, so I called TP-Link and they showed me how to open a DMZ, which I already knew how to do and I assume that's not what we want....? Incredibly frustrating.

Alright well apparently a DMZ paired with the open port works.... I thought we said a DMZ is not a good thing though?

Putting something in the DMZ is a very very very bad idea. It basically puts it on the internet for everyone to access.

Have you rebooted the router? I've seen port forwards not apply before. Worth a shot. past that, I'd factory reset the router and start from scratch on that -- If it works on DMZ there's something going on with the port forwarding.

Back
Top Bottom