Opening Ports for an Unturned Server

dwarfdude77

In Runtime
Hi, I recently tried to forward the port 27015 using both TCP and UDP protocols, and setting both the internal and external ports to 27015, in order for my friends to play on my Unturned server. However, after following multiple tutorials and actually having successfully forwarded ports previously (years ago for a Minecraft server, although this was using a different router), I was not successful and my friends (at their separate houses) could not connect to the server using my external ip and the port that I forwarded, 27015. The PC I am running the server on has a static internal ip, and that ip is listed in the port forwarding entry. The PC also does not have any firewalls/antivirus other than basic Windows Defender. I have also used an online port open checker which has told me that the specified port (27015) is not open. Spectrum is my internet provider and I'm using a TP‑LINK Cr700 AC1750 modem/router combo. Any suggestions?

Hi, I recently tried to forward the port 27015 using both TCP and UDP protocols, and setting both the internal and external ports to 27015, in order for my friends to play on my Unturned server.

However, after following multiple tutorials and actually having successfully forwarded ports previously (years ago for a Minecraft server, although this was using a different router), I was not successful and my friends (at their separate houses) could not connect to the server using my external ip and the port that I forwarded, 27015.

The PC I am running the server on has a static internal ip, and that ip is listed in the port forwarding entry. The PC also does not have any firewalls/antivirus other than basic Windows Defender.

I have also used an online port open checker which has told me that the specified port (27015) is not open.

In a DMZ the ports would be Open.

Any suggestions?

Can you not set up a DMZ with in the Router it self.

How are you connecting to the said clients being your friends Systems. Is their options with in the Router such as Software for an external tunnel to be created between Server and Clients. Clients and Server. What is the actual method of connection between the two different Geo Locations.

In a DMZ the ports would be Open.

Any suggestions?

Can you not set up a DMZ with in the Router it self.

How are you connecting to the said clients being your friends Systems. Is their options with in the Router such as Software for an external tunnel to be created between Server and Clients. Clients and Server. What is the actual method of connection between the two different Geo Locations.

1. What is a DMZ?

2. Last time I forwarded ports I was using Fairpoint and their router/modem rental they gave us... I ended up calling them in order to forward ports and doing the same exact thing I have done here on my end, and it worked. They must have done something on their end that made it work...?

3. Again, DMZ?

4. The actual method of connection...? Well, they're using their Unturned clients to connect to the server, it just asks you to put in an external ip to connect to and then the port with which to connect with, however this has never worked for them.

DMZ is the "demilitarized zone". General rule of thumb is to NEVER put things there unless absolutely required (as there is no firewall at all protecting it)

Check the local firewall.

can you connect to the server from the internal IP on that port?

DMZ is the "demilitarized zone". General rule of thumb is to NEVER put things there unless absolutely required (as there is no firewall at all protecting it)

Check the local firewall.

can you connect to the server from the internal IP on that port?

1. Thanks for the info.

2. What is the local firewall? I've made sure that firewalls on my pc are all set, and additionally turned off my modem's firewall.

3. You can indeed connect to the server from the internal IP on that port (same network connection obviously)

Can you post a screenshot or let me know how the port was forwarded?
Correct port to port mapping and correct IP address?

I dislike ambiguous icons for things like this.. Does that little light bulb mean it's enabled or disabled? It looks like a light bulb that's off to me :lol:

When you click the lightbulb, it turns the port off, like this
Image 2.jpg
So when you actually modify the entry and lightbulb doesn't have the little red thing next to it, then you can see that the "Enable" box is indeed checked.
Image 3.png

I hate ambiguous icons for stuff like this as well :lol:.

Hm... It's very unlikely your ISP is blocking this port. Are you using the correct external IP to connect?

Back
Top Bottom