Router recommendations for a Gigabit connection

Maybe around there, but most all the big box stores are carrying almost all ASUS now and almost nothing as far as Netgear goes, you can completely forget anything Linksys around these parts.

Really what local stores will carry is going to depend a lot on a region by region basis. But any time you look up reviews or popular routers, ASUS tends to be on that list, so surely by now typical Joe knows of ASUS.
You'd be surprised. They sell all the big brands locally at Frys, Best Buy, Microcenter etc and pretty much anybody who actually does get an aftermarket router gets a Linksys or TPLink. Even though most all big box stores sell tertiary brands like Asus the average consumer will continue to use the default gateway until told otherwise. Brand recognition in a hard to win area like that is all word of mouth really. I stream with a dude who I wouldn't call an average consumer but even he still bought a Linksys because of prior brand recognition. Everybody in the large Discord server and his streams were telling him to get D-Link and Netgear instead. I was the only guy saying **** all that get Ubiquiti lol.

One thing to remember is most enthusiasts and above average techies are in the very small minority when it comes to tech. It's a hard pill to swallow for most.

How's this for $200, looks like it's on sale for a few days
Haven't made a decision yet.
Haven't used Linksys since the WRT54GL
Linksys EA9300 Max-stream AC4000 Tri-band Wi-Fi Router

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

For an average sized house and everyday usage, get a 802.11 ac router with simulteanous dual band. If itt's a big house/business I hear google Wifi is a very good router, one of the best in fact

Back
Top Bottom