Windows 10 Network Yellow Triangle

TotalCarnage739

Beta member
Hey everyone I was hope someone could help me I have been working on this for the past day and everything I have tried is still leading me no where. So I'm going to explain everything that happens and all what I have tried.

I have built a rig for a friend and it worked fine until a few days ago. The network box comes on and looks normal however after about 20 minutes the yellow triangle pops up and says no internet access however. He can still surf the internet watch netflix, youtube, or what ever he wants. The only issue he runs into is that he can't log into steam, origin, any online games or even his Office 365 doesn't work. We can reboot the computer and after 20 minutes it comes back.

I have updated the drivers to the latest firmware, and latest drivers on the motherboard and all hardware in his computer.

Rebooted the computer in safemode and worked for 20 minutes and the yellow triangle appeared.

Placed a good network card in to see if it was the onboard nic. This caused the same issue.

I don't really want to re-format his system cause he has a bunch of raid drives and I don't mess up any of the raid. Everything I have found online seems to fix the issue for 20 minutes and it does it again.

I have place a straight run line from my cable modem into the computer and still same issue. I even hooked it to my network which is a static network to try this. Worked for 20 minutes and happened again.

Does anyone have any ideas. If I have to reformat and rebuild everything I will however I would like that to be my last option.

He may have to "activate" or sign into his provider from that PC. I just got a new Modem from Comcast- all the PC's in the house had to "sign in" to the newly activated modem. So, call the internet provider to see if that is the issue. They may have to walk him through the sign in/activation of the PC to join the internet providers "network". I never had to do this before- so its something to do with Windows 10 and the newer internet providers security. I will guarantee its leading toward trying to catch people that are hacking, torrenting, etc.

Sh1t I overlooked that. Where I've seen it before to be just visual but the seed of that visual indicator is in the registry as my link explains some services will merely check the registry value to determine if the network connection is good. If that value says its not then those services trust it and don't check for themselves. It would be wise to check out my link.

The OP is a friend of mine. Since he hasn't followed up I will post instead.

The issue turned out to be some third-party network shaping program the owner had installed and not bothered to tell the OP about. He finally found it after some extensive digging. Once he removed it all he had to reinstall Windows as the software took chunks of Windows with it.

Back
Top Bottom