Motherboard Problems?

Techguy8.1

Beta member
Okay Got a new computer setup put it all in the case and turned it on and there's no video I checked the cables and the video card on another computer and it works fine I've tested every part other than the ram and the motherboard it all works, Could this be a motherboard problem? Please help I really want to get the pc up and running soon.

Setup:

Case: Deepcool Tesseract
Psu:Cooler Master Elite V2 550w
Cpu:Intel Core 2 duo e7500
Mobo: Asus p5n-e
Ram: kingston 4gb
Hdd: 7800rpm 320gb
Gpu: BFG Geforce gtx 280

It could be the ram. Asus boards especially the older ones need ram that has a voltage of 1.5. If I remember Kingston is 1.56 or 1.65.

I would question your power supply, That BFG video card is supposed to use a 550w power supply with 40A on the 12v rail, Your power supply is only a 500w according to Johnny Guru. That may or may not be a factor alone, but the review back in 2014 states this:
A word about the capacitors now: crap. These are Yang Chun parts, and are tier three at best in my opinion. There are a lot of other brands I prefer to see in my power supplies, and if you ask me should probably be recapped after a couple years on this unit with decent parts.

Oh, by the way, this unit has a mediocre two year warranty. Think about that for a while. Yessir, this is the very definition of a temporary power supply with sleeve bearing fans and capacitors like these. It's not built to last.
Cooler Master Elite V2 550W Review
So even if your power supply is not your current issue, you'll want to change it out anyway...especially if it's more than a couple years old

You may want to remove the motherboard from the case with the cpu,heatsink and memory intact. Place it on a non-conductive material (cardboard is good) and connect the 24 and 4 connectors from the power supply to the board, the video and keyboard. Jump out the PWR pins for the front panel connector and see if the board will post. If not then try a different power supply and follow with a different video card until the board will post

You may want to remove the motherboard from the case with the cpu,heatsink and memory intact. Place it on a non-conductive material (cardboard is good) and connect the 24 and 4 connectors from the power supply to the board, the video and keyboard. Jump out the PWR pins for the front panel connector and see if the board will post. If not then try a different power supply and follow with a different video card until the board will post

Okay Yes I tried that same thing someone else posted it might be the ram going to try that.

Back
Top Bottom