Water cooling build part selection

elmede

Beta member
I am currently researching parts for a water cooling build and am wondering whether I should buy a reservoir and pump combo or pick them separately? Also, if separately then are there any personal recommendations? Otherwise I'll just look at reviews. Thank you for whatever help you can give!

You need to plan your loop according to your case because in the end the space dictates your loop components. If working with a smaller case if you have room I think a combo mounted to a front mounted rad looks pretty slick.

In the end for performance it doesn't really matter. Just make sure your fill and drain setup is right when choosing what setup you go with.

You need to plan your loop according to your case because in the end the space dictates your loop components. If working with a smaller case if you have room I think a combo mounted to a front mounted rad looks pretty slick.

In the end for performance it doesn't really matter. Just make sure your fill and drain setup is right when choosing what setup you go with.
What do you mean by fill and drain set up?

Your loop needs an efficient form of drainage and fill. In other words, you need a way to properly drain the loop for cleaning which should be done at least every 6 months. A fillport isn't as necessary as a proper drain port as you can fill through the top of the res but it comes in handy if you create a tight loop in a small case.

Your loop needs an efficient form of drainage and fill. In other words, you need a way to properly drain the loop for cleaning which should be done at least every 6 months. A fillport isn't as necessary as a proper drain port as you can fill through the top of the res but it comes in handy if you create a tight loop in a small case.
Ok I see. I just saw a video that mentioned a tube splitter connected to a drainage valve which I think I will be doing. And just a little info about my PC, I am doing two loops in a very large case, it's the Thermaltake Tower 900. I am building an expensive rig. It will be vital to future learning and business projects. Thanks for your advice. I had not thought about the cleaning process yet.

Before you attempt water in such a case, I suggest doing a ton of research into water first. I run water always on my main rig, I'll tell you up front. It's a pain in the ***.

And yes, you can split a drain valve off the output of the pump which is where most people put it. Thing is, it should be at the very bottom of your loop. Something like the 900 is going to be hard to drain due to it's size and the layout.

Back
Top Bottom