NOOB HELP Please: R7 240 gpu installation

Boch9976

Beta member
Bought the above card, now trying to install it. Seems to be a catch 22 situation. I have a M90 Lenovo SFF running Win10 64bit hence the reason the choice as advised on another forum, whose moderators quite frankly are oxygen thieves.

1. New card only fits when only HDMI & DVI sockets are fitted, great, job done.
2. Try to install drivers, can't do that cos card not installed in machine.
3. Install card in machine via HDMI, nothing shows on monitor so dont know if drivers are installing.
4. revert back to old card uninstall all remnants of NVIDIA so now only using basic MS driver.
5. Try to install new card again, & we're back to step 3.
6. try to boot up machine using onboard graphics (by altering BIOS), will only use old graphics card.

Conclusion:
Can't install new card cos monitor wont work without drivers, put old back in & can't install drivers for new card. ***

As mentioned I'm a relative noob to this, so is there something really simple I'm taking for granted & missing?

When you're using the IGP and the new card is installed does it show up in device manager at all?

Edit:
Actually for more info next time you come back. Install new card and use IGP again. If it doesn't show up in device manager put your old card back in. If that shows up in device manager while using the IGP when your new card won't then more than likely the new card is DOA.

Hi, Thx for the reply.

Can't use IGP as nothing shows on the monitor, would have gone down this route already to install drivers.
ONLY way to use monitor is to use old graphics card.

Desktop now in the shop, hopefully they can fix it.

Yeah, did that as well. Still didn't work :(:(
All I can say is that it's a Lenovo & it's sh!t.

Forgot to say, the fan spins up on new card, just wont install :(

Thx for your time, it's appriciated. The Shop have it now so should have back by tomorrow, hopefully.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom